Kundalini and nerve pain

Dear all,

I have been practicing a very simple set of kriyas/asanas (Isha yoga) since last 10 months. Lately I’ve experienced some severe problems and have stopped the practice since a month.

These are my symptoms:
1- Very intense nerve pain in soles of the feet (mostly left feet and toes). It increases in night. Its a stabbing and burning pain in nerves (not muscle pain.). There is some kind of pulse running in toes.
2- Throat choking during reciting of OM. There is a sensation of pressure building up in throat and pushing upwards, but its not bearable and I cough till it stops.
3- Body is always hot like fever, heat increases after evening.
4- Tingling at the top of head, as if air is blowing there and popping in ears.
5- Many other unusual sensations, like throbbing at perineum and shaking of whole body in sleep.

I’ve done medical checkups and 5 kinds of tests , everything is perfect in the body, no viruses, normal BP and blood sugar, no HIV. Even the doctor is confused, because these resemble nearly a dozen of diseases and reports say I’m perfectly healthy. He has prescribed pain killers (pregabalin & Infen) which I take when the feet pain becomes unbearable.

Now that I’ve given up the practice , these symptoms have become less intense. After much searching, I suspect kundalini (or active prana).

What do the experienced and knowledgeable members here have to say about it ? Am I deluded/have a rare disease or has the practice triggered something, which was not intended by the teachers ?

I’ll be very grateful for any help because I’m very confused and troubled by the pain. All I’ve heard from others so far is - this should not happen, I must have done something wrong or ask your guru (I don’t have one, long story)

Sanjeev

Hello,

Well I don’t consider myself an experienced or knowledgeable member, but a newbie neither.

I suspect the throbbing, feverish, etc sensations could be triggered because of the intense pain you feel in your left foot. When pain is intense, there’s a kind of contagious effect in other regions.

Getting down to brass tacks: sounds to me that you’re practicing your sadhana without guidance, and therefore you’re doing something wrong or not fit for your constitution or characteristics, and that is causing you havoc.

Solution: Look for guidance or change your sadhana. You have dozens to choose.

Good luck!

Thanks. I’ve started the search.
I’d still like comments on present condition from everyone.

Sanjeev,

Popping over from your other post as directed by you.

Would you fully outline the practice you mention and provide enough background on you to put together some of these pieces?

Without specifics about the practice, your background, diet, living, dosha, it is nearly impossible to provide sound guidance of any sort. It would all be guesswork. Is that what you are seeking at this stage?

gordon

Sound like a sciatic nerve problem which runs from the upper hips to the tips of your toes.In Kundalini yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, we would practice the life nerve stretch. Sit on floor extend your legs in front of you bring your ankles together, reach down and grab your toes pressing your toe nails with your thumbs, pull down gently, still holding your toes, inhale up,then exhale down still pressing hard on your toes. Continue this rhythm gently trying to come down a little further each time. Do this for three minutes.

Sat Nam

Hello Gordon,

I won’t stop anyone on this forum from making a guess too, as this is a public discussion, opinions are most welcome, do not worry I’m not going to act on them immediately :slight_smile:

I’d be very happy if you can offer a solid advice, I do need it very much.

Background:
39,male, single, self-employed, no major illnesses in past, except one or two severe stomach problems. No past yoga experience, not religious, no spiritual experiences whatsoever (Except lucid dreams, if they count).

Diet:
Pure veg. Use to eat eggs and drank rarely, now stopped since last two years. Present diet is very simple, self cooked veg food, wheat, rice, potatoes and veggies with sunflower oil or butter.
After the pains started, I stopped black tea, onions, green chillies. No coffee either.

Living:
Living alone, away from town in natural green and hilly region in my own house with all modern facilities, no stresses or pressures of any kind since last one year. No heavy exercises since 3 years (before I used to). Do not meet people, except one or two close friends. I work only 2-3 hours per day, on the PC.

Dosha: Pitta dominating.

If you need anything more specific , please let me know.

And lastly the practice:
The names of these steps were simplified/diluted from Sanskrit, so I’ll simply tell you the actions to avoid confusion with names.
1- Spinal and body stretching exercise, warm up, 4-5 min
2- Half sidhhasana pose from here on
3- Alternate nostril breathing, 20+20 breaths
4- OM chant. 20 times
5- Rapid breath at the tip of the nose , 1-2 min
6- The three locks
7- Concentrating on mid brow, 10-15 min

Daily twice, empty stomach.

Thanks in advance,
Sanjeev

[QUOTE=Adi Zakti;67092]Sound like a sciatic nerve problem which runs from the upper hips to the tips of your toes.In Kundalini yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, we would practice the life nerve stretch. Sit on floor extend your legs in front of you bring your ankles together, reach down and grab your toes pressing your toe nails with your thumbs, pull down gently, still holding your toes, inhale up,then exhale down still pressing hard on your toes. Continue this rhythm gently trying to come down a little further each time. Do this for three minutes.

Sat Nam[/QUOTE]

Hello Adi,

Thanks for the reply. Looks like my questions motivated you to sign up :slight_smile:
I’ve been strongly advised to stop all yoga activity till I return to normal. But this stretching exercise does sound familiar.

Hi how ru doing.. Isha yoga has done so much damage in people life. lots of people don't realise early the damage Isha yoga is doing

kindly do reply if you see this post