L4 L5 disc bulge with annular tear

Hi there. I am suffering from severe lower back ache. Around 6 months ago, i had done an MRI which showed me a L4 L5 annular tear with a slight disc bulge.
Post that I am doing surya namaskar, but my problem is not getting resolved. Can anyone please suggest whether I should continue doing Surya namaskar? What asanar should I practise to do away with this extreme pain. Once the pain starts, i am almost bed ridden. Please help.

Hi Aishwarya in your case you have slip disk in L4 and L5 it's really serious. U should stop doing surya namaskara because in surya namaskara there is some pose which is really bad for your back. Here is some precaution which u must apply in your daily life like don't lift heavy weight , don't bend your upper body more then 90 degree otherwise you will feel more pain and if it get more serious then in left leg too. Here is some asana which can help you.

• Makarasana (The crocodile pose)
  • Bhujangasana (cobra pose)
  • Ardha Shalabhasana (half Locust pose)
  • Ardha Chakrasana (half-moon pose)
  • Marjariasana (The Cat pose)
  • Shalabhasana (The full Locust Pose)
  • Dhanurasana (The Bow Pose)
  • Ushtrasana (The Camel Pose)

Please stop suryanamaskar immediately.

you can be out of pain 2-3 months totally but you need to do specific yoga postures (not as falsely mentioned on the internet)

I have treated hundreds of my students from disc prolapse.

First thing is I would like to see your MRI image (Film) so that I can understand the level of damage but you can be out of the pain totally. You can reach me at sohamyogastudio@gmail.com