Lakshmi mata

Namaste
I’ve recently learned a mantra: “Om Jai Lakshmi Mata”, as far as I know, it seems to be showing reverence for Lakshmi (mata).
I would like to know, since my word recently has been “flourish”, is there a way to incorporate the word “flourish” or a variation of the word in sanskrit into a mantra in order to ask for flourishing of all aspects of life? Or is that just something being mindful of Lakshmi Mata helps with already?
I’d like to learn more sanskrit and mantras really. I’ve been practicing buddhism for about a year now and am just starting to get into hinduism, I think it’s beautiful and would love to delve much further into it.

In particular, I’m learning tai chi, bellydancing, and yoga. I suppose what I’m asking for is a kind of mantra that can help with divine guidance in all 3 practices

BlissfulLili,

Each Sanskrit sentence is not necessarily a mantra. ‘Laxmi’ is a godess of wealth, reward, compensation and luxury. Gods & godesses in Indian mythology is a very intricate web. It is seemingly retualistic and has many layers of what they symbolize.

‘Om Jai Laxmi Mata’ merely declares “in praise of mother (goddess) Laxmi” and hardly a mantra. The word ‘flourish’ is too inadequate to match the opulence of Laxmi.

Gayatri mantra instead is very powerful and helps in Yoga. (I don’t know about Tai Ichi or bellydancing.) But that needs to be taught by someone experienced.

Well, that makes sense. Thank you. I had this idea that, being a divine energy of many forms, and of a feminine (motherly) persuasion, Laxmi would respond to mindfulness. In the same sense Kuan Yin would, it’s said that Kuan Yin is mindful of anyone who is mindful of his/her name or mantras and will assist in any way needed. It just makes sense I guess in my mind.

[QUOTE=BlissfulLili;68475]Well, that makes sense. Thank you. I had this idea that, being a divine energy of many forms, and of a feminine (motherly) persuasion, Laxmi would respond to mindfulness. In the same sense Kuan Yin would, it’s said that Kuan Yin is mindful of anyone who is mindful of his/her name or mantras and will assist in any way needed. It just makes sense I guess in my mind.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the name of gods are just as powerful as mantras. The names of Hindu gods are accessible, anyone can chant them without much trouble. Using a more formal mantra like the Gayatri has a lot more disciplinairy restrictions and its practice should not be taken lightly.

OM Jai Laxmi Mata is part of the Laxmi Arati, this is a song that is recitated while waving lamps at the altar.

Yes. And I used to listen to the Indian song in movies. The mayority of movies show that scene:

OM JAI JAGDISH HARE

(The Universal Aarti)

Om jai Jagdish hare
Sw?mi jai Jagdish hare
Bhakt jano ke sankat
D?s jano ke sankat
Ksha? men door kare
Om jai Jagdish hare

Indian people usually sing this song at the mornings.