Lets Talk Yoga Mats

I started with a cheap 10 dollar yoga mat that I found at a local store, I bought it for a yoga class that I had to take for 1 credit in uni last semester. Anyway, I've been looking to buy a new one online but I'm realizing how many mats there are available. So my question: Does the mat matter? I'm looking at what seems like a great option but the price tag really puts me off (SEE URL BELOW)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078XJ1D5W/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2V0UAASMLW3VH

Is it really worth putting the money out on a mat like this when you can stick with a basic 10 dollar one? Is it just a brand thing? The room I practice regularly in has wall-to-wall carpeting and I feel as if it could help with balancing a little more just by what it advertises. Has anyone used this before? I'm super skeptical about going off of amazon reviews.

1 Like

I haven't used it yet.
Instead, I am using the mat which I purchased from Nest Bedding Coupons and it works fine for me.
well, I am not sure it's worth buying or not but if it's for me I never buy it.

richart saying right i am also using mat which i purchase richard refer coupons codes and its work thanks richard for your help

1 Like

If you have never used a matt you will find any matt good. I wish we could somehow try different matts before purchasing. The price would be less a concern if we knew we had a matt that was perfect for us!

I had a jade yoga mat for a while. It was nice to practice on, but it wore out after one year and I have not got another jade since. It likely wore out because I left it in my car (out of a bag) in the sun and the rubber was falling apart. I didn't replace it because it was hard to clean. I have been using a manduka for the last 3-4years and I love it. They take some time to break in (slippery!) but after the first few sessions they are cushioned, don't slip, and hold up well.

2 Likes

It's helpful that you provide brand names and a review that is "real world". Much appreciated!

Nice article so far, I'll share this to my friends. | shopedc.com

If you're someone who does a lot of yoga, then your mat is going to be used a lot. In this case it's better a buy a mat that is of good quality. Not just that, if you're actually buying a good quality yoga mat, make it an eco- friendly one. Play your bit in saving the our environment, by not choosing PVC mats.
I've done my research and put together a list of eco-friendly mats that you might want to check out.
Hope it helps!
Namaste!

Hi,I am currently researching yoga products and happened to find this post. I just bought Liforme and the Heathyoga mat you mentioned.
Liforme's mats really performance well, high-quality material, so the anti-slip performance is particularly good. But it's especially expensive, more than $150! I think it is more suitable for senior yogis.
I bought two mats from Heathyoga, TPE and PU, TPE mat, as mentioned above, eco-friendly, anti-slip performance is also good, more important is the alignment system, I think it is suitable for beginners; PU mat was a little more expensive, but PU is very suitable for hot yoga! The slip resistance plays well. Overall, I recommend Heathyoga because it is more cost-effective.
As you mentioned, I think if you plan to learn or practice yoga, then you need to buy a better yoga mat, try to choose non-slip and anti-shock materials, not PVC with poor performance and non-environmental protection, this is for you. There is no benefit in practice. In addition, you can consider a mat with the alignment system, which will help your practice.
By the way, I bought it on the official website of Heathyoga. Now the discount on the official website is a little more. I think it is more cost-effective.

Do you have a local studio? Oftentimes, studios have loaner mats, which may let you try them. I know my studio has a couple of different mat choices made by a local mat manufacturing company. It's helpful to "try before you buy."

Personally, I love my Manduka Eko mat-that's my favorite, but I do have others and have reviewed several for my website. The thing that you have to balance is budget and the frequency of practice. You don't have to spend a mint on a mat to have the anti-slip you need. I got my Eko mat years ago on sale at TJMaxx. Point is, just try several.

It actually depends how much you use it. Yoga mats varies from qualities. Some yoga studio have very good yoga mats they use. You should inquire on them.

I don't think mat matters. As long as you enjoy yoga and it gives you an inner peace and control. https://armorservices.com/cincinnati-roofing-contractors/