List of India Yoga Retreat Centers

I plan to go to India next year and want to spend at least part of my time at a yoga retreat center. Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of yoga retreats in India or have any that they specifically recommend?

Yes I would recommend you this list of yoga retreat here you can get a comprehensive list of retreat centers in India , you can visit any of them as per your convenience http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/yogatours/India/default.aspx If you found this list useful , kindly share your views.

Is there any place in India where we are taught personally some asanas for 15 days.

I know a major one in Pune - don’t remmeber the name but it’s among the top ones in the country

Hi Ebony Yogi, are you only looking for a comprehensive list and then research the places yourself or would you like input on specific places/ashrams. I have been to a few places for yoga in India and would share my outlook on them.

Shafinazahra, you are talking about Bagwan (was at one time in Oregon) who renamed himself to Osho (The devotees call themselves Sanyasans) in Pune, its a huge place with all black buildings, some say the largest spiritual center in the world. Its not your general or average ashram and you must do a series of three of their courses to get started to erase your beliefs as well as an HIV test (unless these things have changed since 15 years), its a place where you really need to be in a “certain” frame of mind and tantric sex is encouraged. seems to be more of a place for a guru worship rather than Yoga Center, but of course this may have changed. I did not stay for the courses.

I have also done yoga in Rishikesh and Sivananda ashram in Neyar Dam, near kovalum

Yes I would recommend you this list of yoga retreat here you can get a comprehensive list of retreat centers in India , you can visit any of them as per your convenience If you found this list useful , kindly share your views.

Vijay sing (health and yoga) . , I checked out your link and am not impressed. It is simply some “middle man” making a lot of money from unknowing foreigners who have never been to India before.

most ashrams in Rishikesh charge a fee or its donation. you can easily take the train from delhi to rishikesh.

I do not recommend pre-booking any “retreat” or for that matter any tour or group thing from outside of India or from within India either. I have seen how this works in India.

If you google rishikesh and ashrams you will easily find a list of at least 12 ashrams there but surely there are many more you will find once you get there.