Looking for a yoga retreat

I am new to the site, I am a yoga teacher and I am looking for a short get away somewhere warm in Feb. I would like a spa like retreat where I can practice and spend time with my thoughts! Thank you!!! :lol: Not in Costa Rica! I have been there and do not think it is somewhere a 117 pound girl needs to travel alone!!!

Have you considered South Africa as a destination? February is high summer with us, going towards autumn. Go onto the net there are many wonderful retreat places in my country and if you convert either dollars or pounds to Rand, you can really have a cheap holiday/retreat as the exchange rate is very good at the moment.

You can google:

Ixopo Buddhist Retreat Centre (no spa facilities, but simple and lovely)
Temenos
Yoga Retreat in Cape
Spas in South Africa

Enjoy :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=InnerPeace;14992]I am new to the site, I am a yoga teacher and I am looking for a short get away somewhere warm in Feb. I would like a spa like retreat where I can practice and spend time with my thoughts! Thank you!!! :lol: Not in Costa Rica! I have been there and do not think it is somewhere a 117 pound girl needs to travel alone!!![/QUOTE]

Me too. I am looking for a retreat in a warm country in February. If you find something suitable, please let me know.

I like Latin America.
I inderstand
Latin America= South America+Central America+Mexico+Belize.
The Carribeans are probably considered part of South America
( I am not sure)

Central America= Panama+El Salvador+Costa Rica+Nicaragua+
Honduras+Guatemala+…

Costa Rica and Cuba are probably the safest countries there. In El Salvador, e. g. tourist buses are accompanied by special police cars “for tourist protection.”

India and South Africa are just too far for a short trip for someone living in Canada.

I am in Central America through feb and am looking to go on a retreat in late feb/ early march

Or if anyone has any recommendations for European retreats that would be an option later in the summer

my yoga school in NY is doing a few - it’s called laughing lotus. one is going down right now in florida, then next up in india (warm, yup!) from jan 20th-feb 2nd… and costa rica in april. definitely worth checking out!

[QUOTE=InnerPeace;14992]I am new to the site, I am a yoga teacher and I am looking for a short get away somewhere warm in Feb. I would like a spa like retreat where I can practice and spend time with my thoughts! Thank you!!! :lol: Not in Costa Rica! I have been there and do not think it is somewhere a 117 pound girl needs to travel alone!!![/QUOTE]

I found a web site with a directory of yoga centers.

http://www.yoga-centers-directory.net/

Namaste Community,

Miranda & Jana Saunders (Transformational Life Coaches) are offering their Destiny! Retreat along the beach in tranquil Sayulita, Mexico from Feb 20-27, 2010. There will be Vinyasa Yoga & Restorative Yoga classes over looking the beach and pool which - I am thrilled to report - will be taught by me. Also included: a 1 hour full body massage by a stellar masseuse, delicious meals prepped by a skilled chef, a lovely room in a beautiful private home along a white sandy beach, time to surf, horseback ride, play, relax. And all the while, the opportunity to deepen your Yoga practice while taking a transformational journey with Miranda & Jana.

I teach and practice from the premise that Wellness, Joy & Ease are our birthright. And that our true teacher abides within. While many of my teachers & their teachers have been influenced by the Krishnamacharya lineage(s), I am also impacted by Tantra - which is to say I think our practice should feel delicious and be guided by our hearts. And that the many Yoga lineages are one beautiful family tree, I wish to honor and remain connected to the full tree as best I can. I am interested in re-pairing attention to our bodies and breath with the joyful expression of our spirit. I would be delighted to tell you more about my Yoga teachings and practice. Please feel free to reach out to me with any questions.

Finally I must add - I’ve worked with Miranda one-on-one over several years and have been profoundly impacted by my work with her. My heart shines forth more fully unfettered and I more potently live my life from the nexus of my joy. Jai!

Peace & joy to you - Juliana

Oh - and b/c I have not yet listed 15 posts I could not list my www or Miranda & Janas above. So any questions at all, please let me know.

Peace & joy - J

Please give us a visit. AmazingYogaTravel.com

Namaste
Larry

I would like to suggest you if you want to join a yoga retreat join Arhanta yoga. The retreat is created for anyone who is seeking to rejuvenate physically, mentally, and spiritually. This retreat combines guided practices of yoga (Hatha Yoga and Yin Yoga), Pranayama and meditation, self-reflection & periods of silence. You will enjoy daily walks along with personal free time in the serene atmosphere of the yoga ashram in the beautiful countryside of the Netherlands.