Looking for guidance

First Post YAY! I’ve just opened my eyes to the world behind the curtain in which we live. I have only scratched the surface on the topic of spiritual awakening and all that it encompasses. Unfortunately my support base on these topics is non-existant. I don’t want to be asking the same questions that have been posted before, im just wondering if in this large community there is anyone out there willing to help me through this amazing journey i find myself on. There are so many articles out there that use alot of words i haven’t heard before and wikipedia can only help so far. I don’t need a grand master to tell me the journey is all about the discovery would just be nice to be able to ask some questions and get some different points of view from personal experiences so i can attempt to raise my own awareness and then begin to help others on their journey. So mainly a big Hello to everyone and first question, Is ascension actually possible and has anyone know of someone who has managed it?

Perhaps read a bit of Nisargadatta Maharaj and Ramana MaharshiI, a popular torch carrier of this lineage is sailor Bob Adamson also from your continent, Australia. Also newbies to “Spirituality = Truth” find Joan Tollifson’s website an easy first grasp especially “Outpourings”.

thank you for your help. i’ll have a look through.

[QUOTE= Is ascension actually possible and has anyone know of someone who has managed it?[/QUOTE]

Yes

I heard of and study to know of someone: Buddha, Christ, Muhammad
peace be upon them.

and Enoch who walked with God
and of course Elijah who went up by a whirlwind to heaven

and then there is the take that no man has ascended to heaven except those who have descended from heaven.

Please God

son of 'Abdul-Muttalib
…others

that’s not quite what i meant… The mentioned parties were from the past, i was wondering if anyone knew of anyone in present day. “a friend of a friend of mine ascended after 20 years of practice…”

Greetings, [B]It’s a crazy life[/B].

I truly respect your opening conscious-awareness and we have all been in your shoes, looking for an enlightened Master Soul to glean vital knowledge from. I second the suggestion that you five into Sdi Ramana Mahsrshi and Sri Nissargadatta Maharaji’s crystal clear wisdom. You might also look into the ecetstic teachings of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahansa (or his disciple Swami Vivekananda) Sri Aurobindo, Sri Swami Sivananda or Sri Anandamayi Ma. Honestly, IMHO, there are no public figures on such highly exaulted spiritual levels, these days. I suspect they are soon forthcoming, though.

But I’d add that seeking Spititusl Truth from sources outside of oneself… is a slippery slope. Obviously we all need the experirnced guidance of fsr more practiced souls, more expanded insights… but the mind can create judt as much illusion in such a quest as it clears. Ultimately, we awaken when we ALLOW ourselves to. When we focus all of our intent and attention within, a wonderful discovery occurs.

Suely, God exists immanently, inside of the heart, mind and soul of all beings. The Sat Guru is the most “ascended” aspect of any individual. Realizing this firsthand requires a shift in conscious-awareness and such a re-orientation is the journey of a lifetime. Said shift in attention generates further ascention. Kudos tor initiating your own path of awakening. It is said that, “When the student is ready, the Master arrives.” Tune yourself diligently for such an incredible encounter!

[B]Hari Om Tat Sat[/B]

i really don’t know what to say, thank you very much for your help on this. As the weeks pass i have discovered the ONLY way to further this journey on the right path is to look inward for the answers instead of outward. However as you said we all need a little guidance now and then to ensure we are still following the right voice. I think my idea of ascension is very difinitive where as ascension itself is not. as you have said it is a lifelong journey not a destination as such. I was under the impression it was more a goal that could be attained with practice. I now understand it is so much more. Baby steps as they say. So thank you again for your help i will further my studies with the help of your recommended sources.

Namaste, [B]It’s a crazy life[/B].

You are most welcome, although, I am only pointing you towards yourself. Sure, it is highly valuable to gain some understanding from more “advanced” souls, surely… but it’s far more important to tune-in to the indwelling witness inside of you.

And pardon the many spelling errors of my prior post. I typed that message from my Kindle Fire, while on a 15 minute coffee break at my job. It has an insane spell-check and changes words at random, while leaving basic spelling errors visible.

But to you point, exactly! You have got the right perspective, the voyage flows within (regardless of how hard the grasping intellect desires to project the spiritual journey outwards)! Each of our innermost epicenters are the very same center, despite our exterior differences. Unity is prevalent in all frequencies and manifestations of reality.

While ascension is a clear goal or even an ambition, on some levels, granted… but even more so, it is the culmination of much internal spiritual cultivation and incremental degrees of attunement, concentration, expansion, clarity in focus and the crystalline vision of our direct attention. Our shift in consciousness flows when and only when we willing choose to allow it to do so. In other words, we are as free as we let ourselves be. Meditation is key, absolutely and unequivocally. Practicing being present is it’s own reward. :smiley:

We are all of us, the effulgence of the Godhead in full bloom. We are That (the awakening of consciousness). The challenge is only the perseverance it takes to look deeper and deeper still. Looking earnestly EVERYWHERE, not just at the teachings of this or that Master Soul. Even the tiniest of occurrence is the living presence of the Sacred Being.

This is what any sincere Mater soul would teach. The Kingdom of heaven is not some far-away pane or vibratory frequency, it is right here and now, pulsing deep down within our most quintessential core of being. There alone, you, I and all of us… will find immersion with the Divine Spirit, the Unified Field of Being. The fulcrum of energy whihc is the fruit of conscious-awareness. Life is the teaching, Universal Love is the teacher. But I hope you encounter a valid Sat Guru and embrace the contact with open eyes, critical discernment and a wide open heart.

A pleasure to meet you. Enjoy the beauty of this full moon. :cool:

And welcome to you. It’s difficult to wade through the information, so take your time. For me the main thing is meditation. If you practice a meditation that really lets you go inside, then you’re on the right track. I’ve tried many, and the only one that actually worked for me is Transcendental Meditation (from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi). I just read a book called “Maharishi’s Yoga” by Sands that was very helpful. Simple and clear. Amazon carries it.

thank you, i’m attempting meditation but its hard to know what i should be gaining from it or if im doing it right at all. i will look into your book, hopefully will help shed some more light. Thanks for your time :smiley:

Speaking for myself … suffering drove me to meditate, I was looking for an experience not a new set of ideas, an experience as real and as convincing as the misery I had known, something my cynicism could not dismantle. I continue to practice yoga because it helps me, it’s not an intellectual conviction, I FEEL it. I mistrust “intellectual curiosity”, it does not engender faith.

I am going to meet some people who I got emails from owing to this forum
Maybe we will even try those places you told me about
Does anybody know whether there are many newspapers or magazines in Russian for Russians printed in London? I do not mean those that I imported from Russia.
Thanks for your help