Love Renders Us All Worthy

[INDENT][INDENT]“Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy. That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody?s business. What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy.” ? Thomas Merton
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

With great respect and love,
Nichole

?When you deceive yourself that you work for the good of all, it makes matters worse, for you should not be guided by your own ideas of what is good for others. A man who claims to know what is good for others, is dangerous.? ~[I AM THAT, dialogues of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj]

Oooh I love Thomas Merton. Thank you for posting this Nichole!

[QUOTE=Nichole;70137]Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy. That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody?s business. What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy.[/QUOTE]

everything arises from love thus everything is worthy of love, love is all and all is love… yesbless ~*~

[QUOTE=ray_killeen;70146]?When you deceive yourself that you work for the good of all, it makes matters worse, for you should not be guided by your own ideas of what is good for others. A man who claims to know what is good for others, is dangerous.? ~[I AM THAT, dialogues of Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj][/QUOTE]

<3 Nisargadatta… every idea about this or that is a limitation waiting to be transcended… even this quote represents an idea… we can take it or leave it, believe it or transcend it… each one of us the final interpreter of all that appears… the I AM… yes… we are free… free of all ideas… yet playing with them as we wish… let the children play…

[QUOTE=Kutastha Chaitanya;75962]<yet playing with them as we wish… let the children play…[/QUOTE]

Playful is fine, with eyes wide open in a wakeful state of clarity there’s no suffering when knees get skinned. Hypnotizes with mindful desires the veils of illusion thicken, suffering follows in the wake.

I enjoy reading this quote often. Thanks Nicole. I miss you in here.

[QUOTE=Nichole;70137][INDENT][INDENT]“Our job is to love others without stopping to inquire whether or not they are worthy. That is not our business and, in fact, it is nobody?s business. What we are asked to do is to love, and this love itself will render both ourselves and our neighbors worthy.” ? Thomas Merton
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

With great respect and love,
Nichole[/QUOTE]

Great lines…Thomas is always my favorite…

The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.

Such meaningful messages by all his heart,thanks so much for your sharing :slight_smile: