Mantra and Changes

Thank you again for your beautiful teachings last month at M’s studio. Your impact upon our group of Yoginis is profound and lasting, and I look forward to learning more from you when you return in May.

As I continue my own spiritual evolution, I am encountering a particular challenge and look to your wisdom and generosity for advice. Last month I asked my husband of 11 years to leave … not that the marriage was “bad,” but my spirit simply could not soar or even grow with his energy around me. I am now learning to be with just me (and my two small children).

I meditate and pray every day, sometimes throughout the day, and am learning to remain in the stillness inside myself especially when things around me are in such rapid transition. I recite and sing the ‘Om Namah Shivaya’ mantra you taught us… such a beautiful blessing. Are there any additional mantras, readings or resources that you could recommend which may allow me to move toward more harmony in this area? Your guidance is much appreciated.

With great respect and love,
D

This is indeed a difficult transition. I suspect it is a choice for light rather than stagnation. In this regard you are to be commended and blessed. I would recommend you dig the well of the mantra I gave you very deep rather than superficially going over a number of chants. I would highly recommend listing to more chanting tapes – especially recommend Robbie Gass and Wings of Song - Om Namah Shivaya; any chants on the websites of Ammachi.org or Krishnadas.com they are both wonderful and inspirational chanters who throw themselves fully into the Spiritual mood.