Meditation and mantra CDs

Hi, first post on these forums, looks like a nice place. :slight_smile:

I would like to get some suggestions for CDs with meditative music and/or mantra recitation.

I tend to prefer traditional ethnic meditative music, as opposed to more modern Western interpretations (New Age/world music). In other words, tablas and sitars rather than synthesizers, please. :wink:

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

In the spirit of splitting the difference, I recently discovered new recordings of music written by Hildegarde of Bingen, an abbess who lived in 12th century Germany. Choral and solo vocals sing Latin Plainchant, and are occasionally accompanied by harp.

hi dear, sorry for late reply,
u can get many kind of meditative music and even one will specefied to each chakras,
google it on SAHAJA YOGA , u can find their, read all , their might be 7 kind of them.

----------Om shanti shanti shanti hi-----------

there are many, many threads on music here already. f you search for [B]music[/B], they will come up for you.

cheers

Nichole… what kind of music you find most suitable for meditation?

Examples plz

I can google the world but need recommendation!

Satori, I do not recommend music for meditation practice, even for beginners, but I will recommend japa mala, mantra or pranayama with certain students and clients. This will also depend on their needs and the obstacles that they are experiencing within their practice. I do not recommend music, because my teachers do not, and this is not my training. In my experience, music within meditation is simply more worldly static, while the 3 techniques I offered above will actually protect and nourish your mind while benefiting your meditation practice.

Also, pardon me if I was not clear in my post above; I was not suggesting that you do a google search, but rather I was suggesting that you search this site, yogaforums.com, because there are many threads where people have shared their music preferences here and you can find them all by searching for [B]music.

[/B]All happiness,
Nichole

[QUOTE=Name User;16453]Hi, first post on these forums, looks like a nice place. :slight_smile:

I would like to get some suggestions for CDs with meditative music and/or mantra recitation.

I tend to prefer traditional ethnic meditative music, as opposed to more modern Western interpretations (New Age/world music). In other words, tablas and sitars rather than synthesizers, please. :wink:

Thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]

I would be very, very careful about picking up meditations CD’s and stuff like that. Meditation is the way to approach God and commerciality might not be the best way.

IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) a safe way to practise meditation is given by
Yogananda in two booklets: “Metaphysical Meditations” and “Scientifical
Healing Affirmations.”

Afterall, his methods were given by Babaji, via Lahiry Mahasaya and Sri
Yukteswar.

Babaji is a saint, still living for many centuries.

[QUOTE=Name User;16453]Hi, first post on these forums, looks like a nice place. :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]

Incidentally I found this web site with many videos on meditation:

http://www.meditationvideos.net/Mind_Control_Meditation.aspx

I did not look at its contents and can say nothing about their quality.

Hey, do you want to learn meditation from experts? we are at Arhanta yoga offers meditation teacher training online at an affordable price.

Arhanta Yoga® is an international yoga school with yoga ashrams in India and the Netherlands. We help people to become confident and certified yoga teachers with our internationally accredited professional yoga teacher training courses. Our courses are based on our years of teaching experience. Since 2009, 10000+ yoga teachers have been certified from Arhanta Yoga Ashrams.

Become a certified and confident Meditation teacher with our comprehensive online training of 50 hours. Learn to teach meditation and complete the course at your own pace. Learn from expert teacher Ram Jain (ERYT 500) with his 22+ years of teaching experience. After successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate that allows you to start teaching meditation all over the world.