Men's Yoga - why men are a minority in the Prctice

I have been practicing Yoga for many years and am currently in teacher training
While there are men in yoga ... teachers and students Men are still a minority in the practice
Over the ears this inequality has improved yet it remains
I would like to have a discussion on why you think this is
and what can be done to fix this
and please this discussion is not limited to men If any female teachers or students have any input please feel free to join the discussion

1 Like

I think there are a lot of reasons. I have a martial arts background, and that environment can be really macho, which make contrasting arts as Yoga, gymnastics or similar, seen as not macho.

And I think many men feel awkward being the only, probably stiff, man in a room with many, flexible women. And I guess they can be afraid to be seen as pervs, only being there to look at women.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Anyone can learn yoga from experts we are at Arhanta yoga offers yoga teacher training online at an affordable price.

Our 200-hour Hatha Yoga Teacher Training in India is a certified professional course that deals with an in-depth knowledge of Hatha Yoga. This comprehensive course is ideal for people who wish to pursue teaching yoga or advance further in their yoga journey. The course is led by knowledgeable and experienced teachers from our yoga ashram in India. Since 2009, more than 6000 yoga teachers have been certified from our ashrams in India and in the Netherlands.

Worldwide a ccreditation

Our yoga teacher training in India is accredited by Yoga Alliance, International Yoga Association, International Yoga Federation and The CRKBO (The Netherlands)