New to yoga forum- day 1- a moving meditation?

Hi, my name’s Jason and I’m new to this community- in fact it’s the first forum of any kind I’ve signed up to. I live in Leeds, UK and have been practising yoga (mainly ashtanga yoga) for about 8 years now.
I have a fairly regular practice now of about 5 days a week, but as the years have gone on I find myself drawn more and more to approaching my practice as a “moving meditation”- maybe the only thing that separates yoga from other forms of exercise- or else surely it’s just stretching, strengthening and keeping fit. (Obviously nothing wrong with that in itself.)
And it’s very challenging to do, this moving meditation!- to keep the attention tuned inwards to the breath, to keep constantly coming back to the breath when the mind wanders. . . and wanders. To keep coming back to the breath through challenging postures, or when we feel restless, or when something’s on our mind.
There must be 20 different types of yoga now- hatha yoga, kundalini yoga, power yoga, ashtanga yoga. . . . but I really like the idea that this moving meditation links all of these styles of yoga.
So I guess I was just curious to see how other yogis thought of their practice in terms of this quality of mind while moving through the postures.
Ok, first post of any kind ever completed; thank you if you’re out there reading this.

I have often felt that seated meditation (like Buddhist Vipassana) was somehow different from the moving meditation of asana but two psychological professionals have said to me that it is not, that yoga is also meditation.
If you look into Mindfulness you can see that anything done with real awareness of breath and action is meditation.
Wow! I’ve kept up practice for a long time and can honestly know the benefits, even without the ‘certificate of completion’ that are so widely sold. I still go to class once a week for inspiration and ego check.

YG

you msut read P.D AUSPENSKY BOOK "IN SEARCH OF MIRACLE"all info about mindfullness and movind meditation is there.also zen is also the same …
as BUDHADHA said "you have to be aware of each and every moment of your life whether you are walking,reading,bathing.unless you do this your spiritual path will not progress ahead.as doing meditation daily for 1 hour and sleeping rest 23 hours in this world is wasting your energy…"
be more alert,attentive or say more aware in everything yuo do.this is the only way you will reach samadhi in your whole life