Nondual and Samkhya

[LEFT]Namaste Mukunda,
I am confused and hoping you can shed some light on this for me. Perhaps I am just trying to make a connection between 2 things that cannot be related to one another?

• The term [B] nondual[/B] is a literal translation of the Sanskrit term [I]advaita[/I] (meaning not two). That is, things remain distinct while not being separate.
  • Samkhya maintains a radical duality between spirit/consciousness ([I]Purusha[/I]) and matter ([I]Prakrti[/I]).

Does this mean that Purusha and Prakriti are distinct [B]and[/B] can exist separately from one another?

I feel like I have a question for you that I haven’t been able to fully realize yet. It is very curious–the sense that I have [I]not[/I] gotten to the point, while not knowing what the point is… Perhaps your answer to my question above will help lead me to my real question. Thank you. With my love,

[/LEFT]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][B]Answer:[/B]
True. The dualism and nondualism are both apparent yet real to those who have experience of solidity or its non form in the case of advaita. What is the deeper question? What is this body? What is this you call yourself? When you make such questions are they based on assumptions or experiences of self? Look that way is called jnana. Namaste

[/SIZE][/FONT]