Ohm/Aum/Om

Friday evening I took the opportunity to perform a “reboot”, much to the chagrin of my ego. As an important side fact, I’m currently studying electrostatics. As I sat in meditation, my mind began to think about electricity, and I let it. Then there came a hum. ooohhhhhmmmmmm.

The unit of electrical resistance is the ohm. Many believe that the vibrational frequency of Creation is Aum/Om/Ohm. I find this incredibly curious and wanted to present it as food for thought.

AthMj,

“The unit of electrical resistance is the ohm. Many believe that the vibrational frequency of Creation is Aum/Om/Ohm. I find this incredibly curious and wanted to present it as food for thought.”

The mind is such, that unless one is absolutely mindful, one will see whatever one wants to see according to one’s identifications. That is why, a Hindu entering into his meditation may see a vision of Shiva, the Buddhist may see a vision of Buddha, the Christian may see Christ - but the Christian will never see Buddha, Shiva, or Krishna - he has no space within himself to manufacture such a thing. And this is how the mind functions - unless one has come to know of a dimension which is not of the mind, it is bound to project it’s own scenes everywhere, creating everything in it’s own image.

If you want, you can find many more things which have to do with the sound “Om”. That you have found the unit that is used for electricity is just one example. The reason why it has been called Ohm in science, is simply because it is named after the scientist which has discovered it, Georg Simon Ohm. Though it may be interesting to consider the similarities, there is no deeper meaning behind it.

Well-said. My religion right now is science, and I like that. As such, no it isn’t surprising that I would equate scientific understanding with the divine. The electrical force holds matter together to a much greater extent than does gravity . I find it fascinating that the person for whom the unit of electrical resistance is named shares a commonality with an important sound found in many different cultures. I am drawing a parallel to generate thought - that is all.

Many people have reported to hear the AUM in meditation. I once heard it in my dream, in a way I had never heard it before.

My ex-girlfriend reported lots of OMs and AUMs, while she was having orgasms :grin:

Sex & spirituality rocks!

Peace x

OM, the Primordial Sound of the Universe

Amirmourand…[QUOTE].The mind is such, that unless one is absolutely mindful, one will see whatever one wants to see according to one’s identifications. That is why, a Hindu entering into his meditation may see a vision of Shiva, the Buddhist may see a vision of Buddha, the Christian may see Christ - but the Christian will never see Buddha, Shiva, or Krishna - he has no space within himself to manufacture such a thing. And this is how the mind functions - unless one has come to know of a dimension which is not of the mind, it is bound to project it’s own scenes everywhere, creating everything in it’s own image.[/QUOTE

It isn’t entirely accurate that a Christian wouldn’t see a Buddhist Amir…

[QUOTE=High Wolf;52907]My ex-girlfriend reported lots of OMs and AUMs, while she was having orgasms :grin:

Sex & spirituality rocks!

Peace x[/QUOTE]

that’s because AUM or OM is the fundamental sound vibration of nature… ever heard an electric motor hum??.. concentrate on humming of a spinning electric motor for about a minute or so & one goes into peaceful meditation. I talk from personal experience. I travel by suburban train early morning for work. The mild humming sound from the train traction motors drives me into peaceful meditation and refreshes my mind for the hard day ahead.

this is because all fundamental sound frequencies emanate from OM

I find discussing meditation actually provokes distraction for my next sitting, so I?ll get to work on that later today. For me meditation is similar to an asana; I don?t plunge deeply into the cogitation or pose immediately. In meditation I seem to fall back through layers before stabilizing, curiously one of the deeper layers I pass through has a feeling of an internal electrical hum ?a?u?m? a circular continuation without beginning or end.

Creation of OM

Who likes OM sweet Ohm?

This would make a lot of sense actually. I can’t think of a better comparison for yoga than an equal vibration