Pandara: Practice rounds with Alix

:slight_smile: All praise and thanks to Alix.

Ah you two make me laugh. I’m only here for a few minutes Pandara, as I have a very long day filled with driving and work and meetings etc. However, there are things you can practice safely in my absence. You are doing very well and have in fact merged threads successfully already.

Remember I mentioned to keep two windows open while doing Moderation? It will help you at the beginning to keep track of things.

So, practice merging and separating threads. Do you have another practice thread running? I think you said you did. If so, try merging this thread with that one. Choose this title to keep. You will notice that the OP will change to the oldest post. Merge thread is quick, split sometimes longer.

Once you have successfully done that, separate the threads again. That will require you to Move posts all at once to a new thread.

I’ll peek in and check this afternoon (my time) if possible. Otherwise it will be about 13 or 14 hours from now when next I peek in.

Ok, that was challenging especially keeping my thoughts together on which link to copy to insert as url. Will split them once you have seen this Alix.

Lovely Pandara! It can be challenging can’t it?
Now…do you think you can split the threads apart again?

That was easy enough, moved it here:

http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/f22/pandara-practice-rounds-with-nichole-5035.html

Lovely lovely! OK, Lets take a look at all your tools and where they are located.

Please check the drop down box on the blue bar. It says Thread Tools. Can you check in there and tell me what you know how to use and what you are still uncertain about?

Regarding the thread tools, I am ok with them all, the ones I haven’t used yet, like stick and remove redirect, looks easy and more or less intuitive to me.

On the mod tools at the bottom, I am now ok with most, uncertain about the use of approve/unapprove post and attachments.

Approving posts is when there are folks on Moderation. There is a post of Nichole’s alter ego that was awaiting approval. When you click on the thread and you see a whole post that is a darker blue color it is one that needs moderation before going “live”. Read the post, check the history and if it is appropriate, check the box and then click Approve Post.

Easy peasy.

It sounds to me like you have a pretty good idea of what to do with your tools now. The bigger learning curve is deciding WHEN to use your tools.

Most situations are pretty easy. You notice a thread title with no capitals, or too many punctuation marks (???what do I do when this happens???) for example. Just edit at will. Thread titles should reflect the content of the thread, just keeps things tidier.

Someone only has one post and types out a link to their personal website where they sell yoga gear. You know what to do there.

The touchier bits are the ones where you get that feeling in your gut that something isn’t right but you just don’t know what to do. That would be the time to hit Report Post (if it worked for you) or to start a discussion thread.

With things being a bit unsettled here, its a good idea to get opinions before you act. If you feel that the post/thread just can’t stay up until a decision is made then put it in Quarantine and PM the poster that their thread/post has been moved and the Moderation team will get back to them shortly.

Are there questions I can answer for you?

You’re right the big thing now for me is to know when to use the tools. Discernment, goodness being a mod gives me so much practice at the yamas and niyamas. :slight_smile:

For now I am ok, as questions arise I will post them here. For me it is now a time of observing and learning from you, Nichole and Techne.

Just remember, there are no bad questions. Please ask as many as you think of. Its the very best way to learn.

And I am off to bed my friend. I’ve had an extremely long day. Thank you for beginning and ending it with me. You were a balm to my soul today.

Blessings.

Have a good rest and blessings to you.