Pandara: Practice rounds with Alix

Hey Pandara, how about we practice some stuff while Nichole is popping in and out?

I know you’ve done some Moderation, tell me what you HAVE done and we can work on some other stuff.

For now, put a reply in here, and then Change the title of the thread but make sure it still reflects the content of the thread.

Hi Alix,

Thanks. In the post by Tessietasha, I was supposed to rather move than copy it and I understand why. Would like to work a bit more on splitting posts where a member hi-jacked another thread to start a new thread as I know this happens a lot here from time to time and I feel this is a sefe practice to start with. Nichole told me to work with it in the Mod Forum, how do I get it in the Mod Forum?

Well first of all, you just use the threads that are already here in the Mod forum. You don’t use anything that is out there on the boards at all. So…lets see…I think I hijacked a thread or two recently in here.

Go to the thread Willie a request. Pull out the posts I made in there. WARNING! I am going to get you to put them BACK so there is more work coming your way.

What you will do is click on the box in my posts there, and you will move them to their own thread within the Mod forum. Title it whatever you wish. Once you’ve done that, post back here with a link to the new thread. We’ll take the next step from there.

Moved them here: http://www.yogaforums.com/forums/f22/alixs-posts-moved-5020.html

Perfect. Now, do you think you can move them BACK into that thread? You will need to copy the URL of the thread you are moving them to before you click on the boxes to Move them back.

I suggest having two window (or more) open. If you start to get stuck…STOP and post your question here and I will walk you through the rest.

Before I move them, I have a question please. Do i use the Move Thread under the Thread Tools or do I use Move Posts?

Move Posts. So you can control which posts will move. Click on every post you moved, but Move Thread is more to move the thread to a different subforum. Would you like to practice that first?

Just Move thread to say…quarantine. Post back here and we’ll move on.

Let’s stick with Move Posts, will practice the Move Threads later, I think I would firt like to get a grip on the Moderation tools first.

Go for it.

Yipee, it worked! They have been moved back.

Did you notice when you moved them back that they reintegrated in their original time slot? Thats one of the things you need to be aware of when you Move posts. If you move them into an existing thread they will slot themselves according to the time they were posted originally and it may disrupt the existing threads continuity. Just an awareness for you.

Ok, move this whole thread to Quarantine. Post when you are done.

Yes, I did, it is actually cool!

Before I move to Q - Can you please explain at the redirects. There is three options, which one is the safest option? Or is it a matter of own discretion?

Ok, my own impatience got the better of me. :slight_smile:

Moved it to Q. I suppose I can move it back again if i need to?

Sorry Pandara, someone dropped by my door unexpectedly.

Redirects just show people where you moved the thread. I prefer either NO redirect at all or an expiring redirect of 1 week.

Yes please move this back to the Mod forum. I will be back in about 20 minutes. Sorry about this.

Not a problem, my doggies was begging for my attention also, so I had to leave as well for a while giving them some tlc. :slight_smile:

I think I start to understand the redirection thing. When I move this post from the Mod Forum to Q, it showed a message in the Mod Forum that this thread was moved. When I moved it from Q back to the Mod Forum I clicked on Leave no redirection and I see that there is no message telling me in Q that the thread has been moved. Cool.

Dear Alix, going to log out now, is getting late in SA, still need to meditate and as Kapha need to get to bed before 10pm.

thank you for this round of training, this was extremely helpful and would like to continue when you have time. :slight_smile:

I’ll look for you next time. I’m glad this was helpful. Good sleep my friend.

G’ Morning Alix (it is morning in SA, suppose not where you are), in the light of the thread by Nichole about merging threads and posts, perhaps we can make this the next practice round. I see it is also one of the mod tools that is at the top of the drop menu list. What do you think?

looking great you two! a million+1 thanks to alix for sharing her exceptional training skills again on this forum and to you too willie, for taking this on and working so hard. i appreciate it so much and so does the community, whether they know of your specific contributions or not.