Please suggest Books on beginners yoga?

What is the best book to learn yoga is sana Pranayama Mudra Bandha By Swami Satyananda Saraswati is good for beginners yoga

I don’t think books are helpful when you first learn asana. They don’t give enough information in how to get into and just as importantly how to get out of asana.

APMB is an excellent book [B]about[/B] Yoga and many teacher training courses recommend it as a text book. DVDs and on-line stuff are much better if you are determined not to go to a class where you can interact with the teacher.

depends on what your goal is… physical fit or enlightenment…or may something else

[QUOTE=chris4leyene;76962]What is the best book to learn yoga is sana Pranayama Mudra Bandha By Swami Satyananda Saraswati is good for beginners yoga[/QUOTE]

Chrisleyene,
I believe, agreeing with YogaPrem, that one should prioritize to learn Yoga methods directly from a certified and experienced yoga teacher.
I also believe that, agreeing with CityMonk, the best way to invest in a book is to clarify your need and purpose.
For example, in case you are interested in knowing either the most commonly used Yoga methods or Hatha Yoga, etc., Asanas, Pranayamas, Mudra and Bandha by Swami Satyananda Saraswati, is the best book, However, if you interested in practicing either asanas and pranayamas, therapeutic Yoga or Iyenger Yoga, ‘Light on Yoga’ and Light on Pranayamas by B.K.S. Iyenger are the best. Books like "Yoga - Body, Mind and Sou"l by Swami Sivananda and Illustrated book of Yoga by Swami Vishnu Deva Nanda are the best for a person interested in practicing Hatha Yoga or Sivananda Style of Yoga.

The Yoga Bible by Christina Brown is really good…well laid out,easy to understand and packed with really good information.

[QUOTE=chris4leyene;76962]What is the best book to learn yoga is sana Pranayama Mudra Bandha By Swami Satyananda Saraswati is good for beginners yoga[/QUOTE]

Yoga & mastering the secrets of the UNIVERSE

by Alain Danilou

then

All chief yogic teachings.

Yoga Sutras of patanjail

Hatha Yoga Pradipika by svatmarama

Shiva Samhita by anonomous.

and then

the myriad teachings of gorakshanath

then

the holy bible

then

the yoga upanishads

then

the worksof the saints

such as shankara, st.thomas aquinas, and etc. . .

OM Chris,

Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga: Vishnu Devananda.
And, Sivananda Yoga Companion.

siva

I found the Complete Book of Yoga by Sri Ananda helpful.

These books really will help you to do and learn Yoga…

Light on Yoga
Author: B.K.S. Iyengar

Yoga Anatomy
Author: Leslie Kaminoff and Amy Matthews

Art of Yoga
Author: Sharon Gannon and David Life

Watch Me Do Yoga
Author: Bobby Clennell

i would say go and do a beginners course in yoga rather then trying to learn it from books… books help later on to clarify.

if you cant make it to a class for whatever reason check out “my yoga online” (google it) they are very affordable and have many classes you can follow online with good teachers. they have good presentations on anatomy and many other subjects related to yoga…

This the modern bible on Yoga. Practise a bunch from pawana mukthasana series and standing poses. That will change your life.

From intermediate series you can add add some inversions later on.

Moving Toward Balance: 8 Weeks of Yoga with Rodney Yee Rodney Yee

1 Like

I’ll check this listings out. Thanks for sharing them out.

[QUOTE=Melchizedek;77243]Yoga & mastering the secrets of the UNIVERSE

by Alain Danilou

then

All chief yogic teachings.

Yoga Sutras of patanjail

Hatha Yoga Pradipika by svatmarama

Shiva Samhita by anonomous.

and then

the myriad teachings of gorakshanath

then

the holy bible[/QUOTE]

Into the Heart of Truth: The Spirit of Relational Yoga
by: John McAfee
is also a good book for beginner.

Hi,
I’ve been doing Yoga now for awhile and have found it has improved my life in many ways. Physically my body has changed for the better( I’m no supermodel but I Feel Fantastic), Mentally I can Think with a lot more Clearness and I plainly just Enjoy each Day more and more as I have introduced it into my life…

So now I wrote a fairly small introductory book into the life of Yoga to hopefully touch the people who are thinking of trying Yoga and help them take the next step to Improve themselves…
It’s called:
“Yoga for Beginners” it’s for Weight Loss, Clarity and Focus!"

Here’s the link :
https://www.amazon.com.au/YOGA-Beginners-Mindfulness-Philosophy-Lifestyle-ebook/dp/B074PVPWZ1/

I hope this Helps anyone who needs the push to start the Journey of Self Worth with Yoga…

Susan

Thank you mate. Glad to know those Yoga books.

Mindfulness Yoga:The awakened union of breathe,body and mind by Frank Jude Boccio. The best thing about this book is it focuses on emotional as well as spiritual level side of yoga.This book is written by keeping in mind both beginner as well as expert.

Hey these are a fun way to look at poses,

https://amzn.to/2NsdvdB

Hope it helps!