Post Yoga meal

What do people find the most beneficial meal to eat after a Yoga practice is? I feel like something we a decent protein and carb ratio would be best for me, but want to hear what some others have found completes their Yoga practice.

I’ve been delving quite deeply into nutrition and more specifically, vitamin and mineral deficiencies for the last six months. For me, it’s not the single meal, it’s my entire nutritional status. Putting high octane gasoline into your car after a good race isn’t going to do much good if you’ve been giving it dish soap at other intervals.

My meals are ALWAYS 100% organic, if there is meat, it is naturally raised, local whenever possible (I’m slowly working to raise as much of my own food as I can) and through the course of the day cover as many essential vitamins and minerals as possible. I feel most of your health issues are in some way related to deficiencies and is likely where Ayurvedic medicine got its start.

[I]“Putting high octane gasoline into your car after a good race isn’t going to do much good if you’ve been giving it dish soap at other intervals.”[/I]

David, I couldn’t agree with you more. I like the idea of raising my own food (need to get out of the city first) this has always interested me.

Why do you have to move out of the city first to raise your own food? I live in a fairly large city (apartment as well) with my family and we always grow our own vegetables and herbs. I suggest that you look into container gardening and raised bed gardens. This summer in a 4ft by 4ft patch of grass we had - 3 tomato plants 2 doz onions, 4 pea plants, 2 beans and 1 squash. While it may not be enough to totally feed my family of 5, it did help offset my high produce grocery bill by at least half. And most of the summer we had plenty of fresh foods to eat.

I usually wait around an hour before i eat anything just to let digestion work better. But i find that eating small meal is best like a salad or something of the sort.