Pranayama is Awesome!

Hee hee. I get a little excited about Breathwork.

I have had the pleasure of studying with a few amazing teachers who taught me how to breath properly, as well as move energy through my body with Pranayama. Along with meditation, there are few better ways of getting in touch with body sensations and bringing energy into blocked, tight or unhealthy areas.

Have you had experiences with pranayama and bandhas? I find them particularly incredible when done together. Simple deep breathing, with a retention and mula bandha after 3 or 4 breaths can alone be incredibly invigorating and meditative.

Kapalabhati is also fun.

What are your thoughts and which pranayama techniques do you find effective or difficult?

I find abdominal breathing is fantastic for digestion and/or cramps. I do it on a regular basis, along with complete yogic breathing and, sometimes before bed, alternate nostril breathing.

It’s so calming and energizing!

I love the heat kapalabhati provides. I’m also a 50% fan of bastrika with uddiyana bhanda and breath retention, but sometimes it’s a lot on my shoulders. Good way to open up practice though, for me, as it also warms my core A LOT!!

Pranayama, or breath control, is a practice that's been increasing in popularity since the 1960s and the growth of Transcendental Meditation. It can have lasting effects on your physical and mental health, including:

-Strengthening your immune system

-Improving blood circulation

-Decreasing blood pressure

-Reducing anxiety and stress

-Promoting relaxation and restful sleep

-Increasing energy, focus, and concentration

But how does pranayama work? By controlling your breathing, you're sending messages to different parts of your brain. You're telling your body's sympathetic nervous system to relax by slowing down your breathing. When you breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth, this creates an effect similar to that of an inhaler (but without the medicine). Your body is sending signals to deal with inflammation. And when you breathe in deeply through the nose and then hold that breath for several seconds before exhaling slowly through the mouth, you're stimulating your parasympathetic nervous system. This will help you feel more relaxed so that you can better handle whatever stressful situation you may be facing. The specific exercises listed below are meant to benefit all of these areas.

If you want to learn pranayama & Breathwork Teacher Training classes then I would suggest you to visit Arhanta yoga, Arhanta yoga is one of the best place where you can learn breathwork & pranayama from experts for more details you can visit our website.