Progesterone & Tone uterine muscles

Q from Karen - with a personal request for assistance for a friend…She’s 38 years old and trying to get pregnant. A few years ago she had a large ovarian cyst removed. Now in two attempts to get pregnant, she has miscarried and with each pregnancy, a cyst has developed. She had a progesterone level test and the results were that her progesterone level was very low. She has already sought acupuncture treatment, however, she has asked me if there is any posture she could be doing to facilitate increasing progesterone levels and strengthen her uterine structure. There may not be a simple answer, however, I wanted to ask what your recommendation would be.

This Message was edited by: Questioner on 2002-04-25 12:16

As far as progesterone levels I don’t know about doing that. For tone of uterine muscles she can do bridge pose with rolling action, described in my book in detail on page 168-169. This action with other variations of bridge pose can reseat prolapsed uterus. One needs to feel the action with your hand on her abdomen. If it is done properly you will feel the muscular energy toned in that area. She needs to learn how to feel prana and that can make difference as to effectiveness of pose.

For ovarian cyst eat a raw beet every day for a week. Preventative treatment is to do this monthly. This from herbalist, Susan Weed.