Pure Extra Virgin Coconut oil and LDL

I saw many sites that praised coconut oil as a panacea and though I had no specific need I took less than the jars recommendation every night- I have done other things that contributed but this years physical was dramatically higher in LDL- everything else except age was the same as other years ( I ate late- a no no , did yoga but with no aerobics- necessary now ). This was 3 weeks ago- I’ve made some good progress with my new lifestyle now but I have questions for anyone who wants to relate : What’s the improvement relationship between systolic and diastolic - so far I seem to reining in systolic but diastolic shows slower improvemnet - how long should it take to correct, if I do the right things and cut out what caused this ( coconut oil ( one site alone warned that this could happen to a group of coconut oil takers www.livestrong.com- as it is a saturated fat however with medium chain triglycerides that makes it unique )) ?

There is no panacea against cholesterol. The LDL is not all bad: what is bad is small particles LDL:

The body has built in protection against cholesterol (vitamin E-I posted abouth it before)
Obviously, good anti-oxidants are recommended. Same foods are acting as anti-oxidants too. See the ORAC scale of foods. Some supplements are extremely potent anti-oxidants.
Eg: alapha-lipoic acid, SAMe (S-adenaosyl methionine), pycnogenol… Search and you will find.

My diet is good and I will get some extra E. I’m a conscientious vegetarian and my HDL is high too which has always made my lipid profile OK until now. I never heard of small particle LDL. I will read your msnbc link . I know whatever LDL rise I’ve had is bad because is coincides with a much higher BP , especially diastolic- Thanks

Per the article- my triglycerides are real good- 88 - but just over 3 weeks ago my diastolic couldn’t, at the doc’s and for a week after , get below 100. I’m in the mid to low 90’s now with ACV + OJ + something from Costco call cholestoff + I’ve discontinued my bad habits and done better with my good + aerobics. I hope all this equals a continuing downward drift in BP. Namaste

Virgin coconut oil is very good against Alzheimer:

It contains ketones, MCT (medium chain tryglicerides)