Reccommend yoga books

Hi, can anybody reccommend a yoga book that I can buy that will contain instructions on different poses, I am intermediate. thanks

Hatha Yoga Illustrated

by Martin L. Kirk, Brooke Boon, Daniel DiTuro
Human Kinetics Publishers Canada

Hatha Yoga Illustrated is accessible user friendly and ideally suited for the beginner through intermediate and includes sections on various vinyasa sequences that is a rare and welcomed addition.

With 650 full-color photos benifits focus and focus of 77 standard hatha yoga poses will keep you more than covered whether you are from Iyengar, Astanga, Anusara, or Bikram discipline.

Thanks, ill check it out

Go to a bookshop that has a large selection of yoga books…sit on the floor…flick through all of them…pick one that inspires,stimulates and interests you.

I will recommed this book:
Author: Kareen Zebroff, Book title: Yoga for Everyone.

All the poses are explained. How you them and what they are good for.
There are many yoga sequences at the end of the book. Sequences that are good for certain parts of the body or some illness.
It is an old book, but it is the best one i’ve got.

For an in-depth look at many poses, their benefits and with many explainations and pictures I would recommend “Light on Yoga” by B.K.S. Iyengar. By far I personally found it most informative and instructive so far.

“Asana Pranayam Bandha Mudra” Swami Sathyanda Saraswathi

[QUOTE=TeeA;61993]For an in-depth look at many poses, their benefits and with many explainations and pictures I would recommend “Light on Yoga” by B.K.S. Iyengar. By far I personally found it most informative and instructive so far.[/QUOTE]

+1

Just make sure that you do not get the abridged edition.

[QUOTE=Rosario;61929]Hi, can anybody reccommend a yoga book that I can buy that will contain instructions on different poses, I am intermediate. thanks[/QUOTE]

Hey Rosario! I would recommend:

“Yoga: Awakening the Inner Body” by Donald Moyer or “Ashtanga Yoga: The Practice Manual” by David Swenson.

Both have been extremely helpful for my practice. Each contain large picture samples along with in-depth descriptions for you to understand the correct posture!

I hope this helps :wink:

[QUOTE=yogacambodia;61944]Go to a bookshop that has a large selection of yoga books…sit on the floor…flick through all of them…pick one that inspires,stimulates and interests you.[/QUOTE]

this is the best one can do:)

There are many good yoga books, but there is a yoga book from which many books have
been inspired:

http://www.yoga-age.com/pradipika/part1.html

It was written by Swami Swatmarama about five centuries ago, with the purpose of explaining yoga to people.

Correction

Ooopss, I have made a mistake. Hatha Yoga Pradipika was written cca 1500 BC, not AD.
Apologies.

“The complete book of vinyasa Yoga” by Srivatsa Ramaswami. I think that the editor more or less forced the writer to present a bit pompously the book but it is a most complete book on asanas, especially relevant for those interested in the teachings of Tirumalai Krishnamacharya with his vinyasa krama system for asanas. It presents more than 900 poses and variations, illustrated with full-color photos.

Philippe

my first and very inspiring book that got me into doing yoga on a regular basis was “Journey into power” by Baron Baptiste

it talks about meditation nutrition and allot of good things

[QUOTE=oak333;62935]Correction

Ooopss, I have made a mistake. Hatha Yoga Pradipika was written cca 1500 BC, not AD.
Apologies.[/QUOTE]

Whoah there Nelly 1500 BC?

The Pradipika may have been written as early as 1350 but that is still only some 661 years ago not 3500

Getting all CE AD and BC are just going to confuse folks.