Recommend a good Yoga Book

Hey guys,

I’ve come to this forum for some assistance.

I’m extremely interested in the nature of reality and the study of the self.

Up till now I’ve just been doing my own thinking/contemplation and have had some pretty revelatory experiences/moments.

I have my own understandings/conceptualisations but am really feeling the urge to read up on some more formal doctrines.

I’ve scratched the surface and done some reading on the internet about Hindu concepts/terms and would really like to study it more intensely.

Could some of you please point me in the right direction as far as recommended reading material goes?

I don’t know if there’s a particular “subject” that sums up what I should be looking into but I’m particularly interested in things like kundalini, parts of the mind, different parts of the body and self-realisation.

What books should I read?

Is there a discipline of yoga that encapsulates the things I would like to know about?

Thanks in advance,

MayaRefugee

try out google search it wil provide u with apt books

I am new into yoga but i think this book will help you.

Yoga As Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health
and Healing: A Yoga Journal Book
By Timothy McCall

I will recommend Yoga books from Swami Ramdev ji

I can list at least 20 good books on yoga but I would highly recommend following yoga books. The beauty of these books is that they are equally good for a beginner and an advanced practitioner.

• [B][I]Complete Book of Yoga by Sri Ananda[/I][/B] (Available on exoticindiaart & vedicbooks)
  • [B][I]Textbook Of Yoga by Yogeswar[/I][/B] (Available on Amazon)

The “[U]Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha By Bihar School of Yoga[/U]” is also a very good book.

You may also search the title of the books on google in order to find the links to buy them.

Download Yoga E Books for Free.
yogamatpilate.com/2009/11/yoga-download.html

More Free Yoga Books can be downloaded from Divine Life Society’s website. http://www.dlshq.org/download/download.htm. Divine Life Society is Sivananda Ashram in Rishikesh, India.

hi i received this book as a gift. is it a good book? i never practiced this way i only tried sivananda style and some hatha yoga. would appreciate some help.

which book did you receive, yogaplanet?

There are many good yoga books out there… . I would recommend you to start from the basics & build a solid foundation. I found this Yoga E-book excellent for beginners to start off with. I like it coz it’s really simple& the pictures are very well illustrated for easy understanding. It’s called yoga book for anyone… google it or go to yogabookforanyone.com

There are many good yoga books out there… . I would recommend you to start from the basics & build a solid foundation. I found this Yoga E-book excellent for beginners to start off with. I like it coz it’s really simple& the pictures are very well illustrated for easy understanding. It’s called yoga book for anyone… google it or go to yogabookforanyone.com

One resource I would reccomend is Yogi Ramacharaka. His book on yoga breathing exercises is simply fantastic. You can find out more here :
yogabreathingexercises.web.officelive.com

All Vivekananda`s books (articles), very logical and inspiring. The best - “Jnana yoga”.
Swami Shivananda writes in similar style. I like his “Concentration and meditation”.

[QUOTE=spiridoul;7680]am interested in learning about yoga please reccommend some books, thank you.[/QUOTE]

The yoga sutras of Patanjali

oki, you can find a list of yoga books on my blog,

Dear I?ve read many and if you are not confident on the subject I would rather start practicing and then you will decide by yourself. I was very confused until I tried Exience Yoga, is the best thing I?ve done, they are consultants that take your lifestyle, personality and phisical requirements in consideration and they give you a set of practices to do on your own.

Flexible, modern and respectful approach, not the kind of people will look bad at you for not being a vegetarian…(had bad experiences with that)

Seriously, give it a try!

[QUOTE=benverner;12676]I first heard of Baron Baptiste in sharingsuccess.tv. .[/QUOTE]

Year, I would recommend Baptiste for those who interested in fitness only. He has a great book Journey into Power, very simple and inspiring, has a lot on yoga poses.

Health is wealth, peace of mind is happiness and yoga shows us the way. You might do yoga for physical benefits or to rest your mind but yoga has a lot more to offer. It helps one to keep deeper consciousness and higher awareness, simply a peaceful approach to exercise. It can help you to reduce stress and anxiety, help you with digestion, balancing and core strengthening. It's a great way to maintain a healthy lifestyle. So if you want to elevate your knowledge on yoga get your hands on these amazing best yoga books.
Yoga Anatomy
Good Night Yoga: A Pose-by-Pose Bedtime Story
Read more information about books at https://www.onlinebooksreview.com/articles/best-yoga-books

Hi ,,
try to read that one,,is a E-book. https://e4673grcrboi3n2sq9h81b-z8n.hop.clickbank.net/
Its about Yoga training and burn fat by Yoga and Physical. My wife loves it, i hope and you will!