Recommend DVDs? Online class?

I searched this forum with no success to find recommendations for Power Yoga DVDs. I own Brian Kest and Rodney Yee, but wondered if there were any out there with more emphasis on shoulder/hand stands, arm balance, crane pose, etc. I also heard of free yoga classes online and wondered if anyone could recommend any? Many thanks!

I believe Yoga Today does streaming video. Not sure the direct URL, but I’m sure you can find it on Google.

I was on there, but not successful. Thx.

renie,
When you go to yoga today . com , any practice with Adi Amar, is an ashtanga practice, and will be similar to a “power class”.

You mentioned being interested in handstands, crane, etc. For an intermediate to advanced level workout, you might want to check out Duncan Wong Yogic Arts Source Power CD (acacialifestyles.com). If you are not familiar with Duncan Wong, you can search for him on youtube to get a sense of his style before ordering the DVD.

I’ve found Yogadownloads.com to be a wonderful site. You download mp3 classes and you can either burn them to CD or put them on an ipod/player. I can’t do DVDs, they are way too distracting to me. I just put my ipod in a sport holder, retreat to my sacred space, and it’s just like being in class. Ecellent practices on this site, a wide variety of levels.

Have you checked out the free yoga video podcasts in the iTunes store? I did a search the other day and found all sorts of yoga classes, including some with a greater focus on handstands. And they’re all free!

But also, why not create your own sequence? Why be bound to an iPod for your practice? There are books out there that will show you the poses you want to practice, along with poses that lead to them.

yoga journal also has classes online :slight_smile:

Check out Mark Blanchard on Youtube you’ll see him doing arm balancing in one of the clips for his DVDs. His dvds are [I]definitely [/I]more advanced than Bryan and Rodney. He has a website and would probably write you back if you ask him which of his dvds might include handstand or other poses that are important to you.

Eoin Finn from Vancouver has fantaaastic free power yoga audio downloads through his blissology website and iTunes. His dvds are awesome too (though I don’t think they have handstand ;-)). I also love the Yogadownload audios, they have a slew of wonderful 20 minute free audio programs that are really good, from their website or also through iTunes.

Check this comprehensive web site:

http://www.yoga-centers-directory.net/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will find online instruction.

I love LexiYoga’s demonstrations of asanas on YouTube. Outstanding in my book!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojD3hP8971g

Yoga training via DVD or online, I feel a little bit awkward. I don’t think it works much better than the presence of an instructor.