Responsibility to Keep Companies Like Monsanto Out of Our Food

I implore everyone who cares about whole, organic foods being readily available to us to read up on Monsanto and companies like them who want to control all food crops in the US and grow food only with GMO seeds. You owe it to yourself to see what is happening without our knowledge.

This is a topic that i am very interested in and I am willing to devote time to learning more and take action on.

I think we are in the miniscule minority when it comes to this as I believe most americans either - don’t know or don’t care.

I think most people just don’t know. I was astounded that I knew so little until very recently.

I’m trying to figure out why there are some people very concerned about this issue.

Would you share your thoughts?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Monsanto_and_GM_Foods:_Health_Risks

Terrible.

I thank you.

I’m going to read the material again tomorrow and then spread the Link through my email contacts.

I ask everyone who reads this thread to click the link and go over the information themselves, and if they are so inclined . . . to also spread the link amongst their own contacts with a request to each person to do likewise.

I’ve heard that GMO’s in Europe are non existent. Europeans will simply not buy GMO produce or products. Thats what I’ve heard at least…

It seems (from where I’m sitting) that our Government can’t be relied on (at this time) regarding this matter from their past actions and now here today . . . as they just recently approved Monsanto GMO Alfalfa and Sugar Beet seeds for planting come spring.

Various environmental groups have vowed to litigate to stop distribution of the seeds to farmers. So we will see how that plays out.

I think if we all petition our congressmen and women and our president we can make a difference.

I think they’re all owned by corporations and know exactly how to play the peons (us). Until corporate contributions and lobbying are no longer allowed and it’s truly for the people by the people, nothing will change.

agreed.

[QUOTE=David;51023]I think they’re all owned by corporations and know exactly how to play the peons (us). Until corporate contributions and lobbying are no longer allowed and it’s truly for the people by the people, nothing will change.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you David. But I haven’t thought on the matter as to how to stop it or moderate it. Any thoughts?

It’s a big part of the root, if not the root.

points towards Egypt

[QUOTE=David;51067]points towards Egypt[/QUOTE]

I.e. Move away from here?

Hahahahah.

I was thinking more along the lines of a revolution.

[QUOTE=David;51140]Hahahahah.

I was thinking more along the lines of a revolution.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I’m aware that there is something going on in Egypt but I don’t know the details (at all).

But yes A Revolution of the american mindset sounds good.

Since this was raised in our conversation about Monsanto - here is a link you can go to sign a petition to help out the activists in Egypt trying to have a voice.

http://www.change.org/petitions/support-the-peoples-revolution-in-egypt-

The problem is that there are too many people. and they all want to live in a big cities and live fast thrilling lives…and spend more on entertainment and less on other things including food.
GMO and other scary things can feed the world CHEAP.

There are also a problem with transportation. Say 80% of world broccoli grows in mexico. To deliver it to China in good condition producers are FORced to use some sort of preservatives…

the world is just went wrong and i perceive it as a part of evolution… and do my best to stay healthy.

Fighting Monsanto and alike requires HUGE resources…and neither of as, even all of us together do not possess even one thousandth of these recourses.

Even if monsanto will disappear, there are tons of other companies who can take Monsantos’ place. (I think they are actually thrilling people against Monsanto). And how are we going to feed all population of this planet? No quick available food - here you go - the war for resources. …

[QUOTE=YogiDiva;50832]I think if we all petition our congressmen and women and our president we can make a difference.[/QUOTE]

yeah, you are right…

David, and citymonk

great posts

Ever hear the song “A country boy can survive”?

Thats about what we have to do to avoid this crap.

[QUOTE=The Blind Guy;51742]David, and citymonk

great posts

Ever hear the song “A country boy can survive”?

Thats about what we have to do to avoid this crap.[/QUOTE]

Yep, absolutely true. My grandparents survived a war and hunger in russia just because they escape to the village. Cities are not a place for human…::wink: