Restorative yoga?

Hello everyone,

does anybody have experience with restorative yoga? It’s being offered in a studio near my place and I’m thinking of giving it a try.

Many thanks,
Anke

Yes. Restorative yoga is a great way to benefit from the energy of many asanas in a passive way. It’s really beneficial for people with physical issues that may prevent them from participating in a more active class, but it’s also great for people used to more active yoga to balance out their practice. Wonderful for relaxation and opening the body gently. Do give it a try.

Are you asking about my personal experience with that practice as a student or my experience with it as a teacher?

If you could talk about both, that would be fantastic! :slight_smile:

As a student I find that a well provided restorative class is incredibly refreshing, and nurturing. It has allowed me to balance a sometimes very full living through the profound rest a restorative practice provides. There are, of course, instances where I’ve taken classes labeled as such that did not provide this and so to me, as a student, I use care so that I don’t place myself in a context that confuses laying around with a restorative practice.

As a teacher, I find the structuring of class and the presentation of alignment, while supporting students (physically through the use of props), to require attentiveness, focus, and a grounded nature. The art of paying attention, of looking and seeing, that has to be heightened in me in order to provide the fullest benefit to the student.

Thanks a lot!

‘Restorative Yoga’ - Kind of begs the question.

If yoga isn’t restorative - what is it?

Victw

Energizing. Invigorating. Balancing. Therapeutic.
And these are only for sound yoga practices. For others, the list of adjectives might include;

Agitating. Aggravating. Dangerous. Over stimulating. Ego tripping.

Hey Do you want to learn restorative yoga? Become a certified & confident Restorative Yoga teacher at your own schedule. Complete the course at your own pace. This premium online course is created by Lucia Seglie with her 10 years of teaching experience and with more than 800 hours Hatha yoga and Therapeutic Yoga teaching experience.

yeah its nice.Give it a try. You may need some equips for it but go a head, you will thank God you tried it out.
maybe check out some of them online here Redirecting... for guidance.
ATB

Hello there do you want to learn yoga poses and want to learn how to exactly do the yoga poses kindly visit Practical Yoga Site