Rishikesh and Kashmir recommendations

Hi, I’m planning on going back to Rishikesh in the Spring, for about 2 weeks, and of course I want to do some yoga. I hope Surinder Singh is still teaching there but can anybody recommend any other classes/teachers? I’m looking for Hatha, Yin type relaxed practice, maybe a bit of flow. Also I’m looking for any massage schools/courses - any recommendations?

Afterwards I’m thinking of going to Kashmir, is it safe to travel there at the moment? Have you any advice? Many thanks for your suggestions…

I don’t know about Surinder but I was in Rishikesh recently. I went for a weekly-long retreat at Ekattva Yogshala and it was a great experience. I’m not really that much experienced with yoga. In fact, I had my first experience with yoga at the stated school and it was great. The practice is Hatha but I’m not sure about the Yin. The classes are pretty relaxed and teachers are really professional. During my research, I read somewhere that students are university educated and make sure that students learn the right alignment in a safe environment. My retreat package also had a massage and it really relaxed my body and mind. I guess they offer yoga teacher training as well.

About Kashmir, it is pretty quite right now. I haven’t heard of anything major about the valley lately. I recommend checking the conditions before your visit. I hope this helps. Thanks!