Sacroilliac joint pain

I have searched your database of previous Q & A’s pertaining to SI joint pain and have tried several things to no avail. I have pain in my Right SI joint that results in tightness in the hip flexors & rotators and side of leg. I have been through 11 weeks of physical therapy with little relief. The therapist diagnosed it as an unstable SI joint that “gets stuck” out of position coupled with tight hip muscles (he felt that the SI joint was moving instead of the hip). I have also sought chiropractic adjustments to ease the pain recently – the chiropractor said that the joint was “frozen” and “locked into place” and is adjusting to free it up and thinks the joint is “too tight.” I was also X-rayed due to my Doctor being concerned about Spondylitiis. (X ray should very mild Osteoarthritis - no sacroilitis.)
I presently teach about 7 classes a week (Kripalu style) and feel the pain mostly when doing twists and some forward bends. I have modified those to make sure I am moving the hip in relation to the pelvis to ease any strain on the joint and also do gentle stretches/Asanas for the hip muscles daily. Before teaching I had a desk job for 14 years and frequently sat cross-legged (R over L leg habitually) which is probably the precursor for the problem. Any thoughts or advice? Namaste, T

I always prefer to see those who are outside the general guidelines. Is that possible? Perhaps even videotape yourself and send me tape to evaluate. If not or until then some ideas are to use only muscles of tone during asanas. Do not try to stretch. Only work to feel muscles contracting, especially during twists and forward bends. Use hip flexors for strength. If this does not help it within a week then I would also suggest doing my joint freeing series daily for 2 weeks and nothing else.
Other thoughts are what is the major stress in your life? Are you tending to it? Or is there something big you are avoiding? This is often accompanying lower back pains – especially not dealing with an intimate or business relationship issue that is a “pain in the back,”