Scoliometer

When using the Scoliometer if the bubble moves to the right then the
curve of the spine would be a “C” when looking at the persons back. If the bubble goes to the left then the shape of the spine would be a flipped over “C”. Is this correct?

Yes. The bubble is going away from the curve. Hence bubble to the left is right thoracic curve; and vice versa.

If you get a reading of 10 degrees on the Scoliometer how does this
relate to the reading that a doctor would give? Thanks, M

In general this tool records a degree of curvature that is usually half to one third of X-ray assessment procedures. Therefore a 10 degree curve when a radiologist professional assesses would be read as from 20 to 30 degrees. In general the more the spine changes its curve from standing to for ward bend the lesser scale is the finding. If the spine does not change from forward bending or lateral bending then the 3X is more accurate comparison to the x-ray film. So the medical community is only concerned with those reads of 7 degrees on the Scoliometer which will translate to about 20 on x-ray. Curves of that degree will increase with age and pose potential respiratory problems.

I am glad to see your group keep me in the loop, that is a requirement for me to consider you are getting my course.  I need an ongoing working relationship with students so that I can mentor you into the future beyond the course or I am not very willing to certify you, even if you are competent at the information.