Scoliosis

Hi, Mukunda. Need your help ASAP if you have any advice.

When you were here last I mentioned just hearing of a friends teen daughter who has scoliosis. She is scheduled for surgery on Nov. 20. They are doing everything to avoid this that they know of and flying to San Diego this week to see a Dr. <…> at the Scoliosis Treatment Recovery Center, the Egoscue Clinic and a J. <…>, Chiropractor. Do you know anything of these people? Sadly, their own Chiropractor of several years never took M’s situation as serious. She appears quite straight; the double S at 70 degrees offset each other. Her ribs do protrude on one side (her dad’s description) Can we give them some tangible prospect via yoga or otherwise to spare the surgery? Is there any one of your caliber around here?

Help! D

I know of some leads that can do the work – Elise Miller who has written about scoliosis. You can reach her at <…> or ebmyoga2@aol.com in Palo Alto, CA. Another lead is to contact the Alan Bateman Institute in NYC at 212-243-2311. He is yogi now retired but trained a professional staff to do the work. Or they can call me direct here. I do not know of the medical groups you are citing. A 70-degree curve should have been taken seriously long before this. Best wishes to all.