Sensations of Yogaposes

Sensations of Yogaposes

New and uncommon yoga poses of the body get along with new sensations. If one devellop sensations for a new position, it is possible to express them and experience them in the asana. The sitting twist can be experienced with an exact concentration in the lot for example. The head, the spine and the hips create a lot. With this subtle sensations that are part of a yogaposition, one can relate to new poses and create the expression of an asana in an artistic way. Here is a video of the sitting twist and its adjustment that expresses this topic –( The different sensations of the asana is a topic from Heinz Grill)
Here is a link of the sitting twist with the expression of centering in the lot

The following are a series of sensations I felt during different yoga poses.

In the first posture, I was instructed to lie on my stomach and lift my legs and arms off the ground. My eyes were closed. I felt warm in this posture. I could feel the warm sun on my back. In this posture, I felt relaxed, but also somewhat aware of my surroundings. At one point while holding this pose, I almost fell asleep!

I am going to experiment with the second pose on a full stomach next time to see if there is a difference in my sensations. During the second pose, called “downward facing dog”, I experienced tension in my shoulders and arms while they were stretched out and held up above me. My mind was present in this posture as I concentrated on breathing deeply and evenly through my nose. While concentrating on breathing deeply, it seemed like time slowed down! I think practicing yoga poses also helps me to listen more closely to myself and truly pay attention to how I am feeling at any given moment during yoga practice.