Sequencing

This question is about sequencing. I have tried a variety of sequencing over the years. I have not really stuck with one. I would like to try your sequencing for poses this year if that was okay with you. I would appreciate whatever you have to share in this, as I would like started to do some planning for the fall. The basic, and then how you add to it for more advanced students… Thank you for your time Mukunda

Basic sequencing is what is given in my book for the 24 postures. It begins with joint freeing series or other warm up practices, then standing postures, inverted poses, lying prone poses, seated poses, lying supine poses, and ending with poses for meditation. Within this sequence forward bends you can subdivide each segment with backbends followed by mild counter poses and spinal twists. This is applicable for advanced poses as well as beginners. There are many variations on sequencing; this particular sequence is for helping students go more into the advanced practices of pranayama and meditation.