Shakti Mat

What is so unique about Shakti Mats?

It is kind of acupuncture, improves blood circulation in specific area. I bought it few month ago and using it for any pains and aches, mostly in the back and the neck. My spouse uses it every day after sitting 8 hours in the office. I have few spinal problems and multiple sport injuries, this shaktimat works very well, and no need to take pills that I HATE!

Ok, I did some study on it and found below points,

1. It is basically a bed of plastic nails (acupressure points)

2. Recommended to lie on in for 30-40 minutes every evening before going to sleep to increases blood circulation, relieves tension and sore muscles

3. The mat only covers back when laid on it, but the warm tingly feeling spreads through entire body from head to toes.

well, you can place it on any part of you body. You can press it into the hand or the tight.

My brother was in the bad accident and after that he could not move left side of his face, it was like dead. The nerve was dying. He used something like tiny-little shakti roll (metal spikes) on the face and after few month he was able to close his eyer and perform some facial movements, his face does not look half dead any more, though.

So, i think it diffidently a cure to many problems.

Yes, I agree with you it does help in various ways.

I have two of them and I used to just love them for a while. Then I tried the original, sold in Sweden as “The Russian bed of nails”, which is all plastic so it’s easier to wash and is inflatable so it’s easier to carry with you when you travel. It also has 4000 “nails” instead of 6000, which makes it a little more painful in the beginning but more effective.

However, I went from those to one that is sold as “The Swedish bed of nails” that is a simple pice of relatively hard plastic (actually it’s four pieces that you put together) that has 600 fairly long but not so sharp plastic nails. THis one is now my favorite although it was pretty painful to lie down on the first couple of times.

They do have different effects. The two first ones are nice to lie on, the third one is more of a thorough massage and afterwards you might feel a little sluggish.

They all cost about the same and way, way too much for what they are made of. But then again, that’s the reason why I say “Hi” to my boss every morning, inmy most pleasent voice. He gives me this salary that I really love.

If to choose between mats, that are made of synthetic - than there is no difference. But if you are really looking for good mat, that will not harm your body and skin, than you better pay more attention not on price by itself, but on mat’s components. Try to find a mat, which is made of natural materials, as while lying on it, your skin will be in direct contact with mat’s materials; therefore it will much better if your skin could breath and the air won’t be blocked by sponge, which is usually placed inside all cheap mats.

The only acupressure mat I found, which is made of 100% natural materials is Pranamat Eco https://www.advaitaart.com/en-products-pranamat-acupressure-mats/ I am planning to buy one of these. Still searching and evaluation information about the other mats, but all of them are mainly made of synthetic materials and filled with sponge inside, which is not good for your skin. So I think I might go for this one.

Dolchevita, no one shakti mat penetrates the slin, even those with metal spikes.

They all made from regular plastic in China on the factory and the bulk price is $3 per mat. I would never pay $100 just for the word eco or natural… I try to follow the law of brahmacharaya (in this case overspending) and live an ascetic life. I love my mat that I got on ebay for $15. It does not smell like plastic and do not penetrate skin, but very rough though:))

Before interacting with dolcevita5 or looking into the pranamat “eco” mat, you may want to read this thread first.

Thank you, David…your are wise!

Interesting read David, thanks.

well, you might be to rough on dolchevita, many people promoting their staff or other things on forum:)

got my shakti about 10 days ago. showed it to one of my yoga teacher who was aghast by the sight of the spikes. :stuck_out_tongue:

the first 10 minutes is a killer but after that i usually fall asleep much to my amazement. hope to be able to stand on it one day.

[QUOTE=tessiesasha;33550]got my shakti about 10 days ago. showed it to one of my yoga teacher who was aghast by the sight of the spikes. :stuck_out_tongue:

the first 10 minutes is a killer but after that i usually fall asleep much to my amazement. hope to be able to stand on it one day.[/QUOTE]

Oh! These spikes looks intimidating, but they help so good! My husbands uses them for few days now (he pulled back muscle) and at least he can get up from the bad now and do not ask me for Ibuprofen any more.

I bought another thing - mini shakti mat for facial care made with coper and silver needles, suppose to keep me young forever:) Now trying…will report after a few weeks

brave girl. where can i find more information on this facial mat? is yr face all aglow after use?

[QUOTE=tessiesasha;33895]brave girl. where can i find more information on this facial mat? is yr face all aglow after use?[/QUOTE]

LOL:)) my face is red after I use it:) just as the back after shaktimat:)

I use it for about a week, and it seems like some little wrinkles smoothed down a little. I do not use facial creams so I want to try these silver needles roll. I got all that acupuncture staff one on the ebay, but it took about a month for me to receive it.

hi city monk

i love my shakti mat, it’s doing wonders for my tight back. how’s it going for your face?

Hey! As all of you are so interested in yoga, I decided to share about this beautiful event that is happening in Montreal at the Concordia University. It will give an insight into breathing techniques, meditation and some practical tools to deal with stress. Find more info call 514-227-5440

Another interesting product is the Lotus Bed. lotusbed.com It is larger than a Shakti Mat and certainly looks a lot nicer. I have used both and prefer the Lotusbed.