Shaktipat considerations

Q - I had the opportunity to experience Nada Bhrama, divine sound meditation with Om Dasji who is visiting England and America, he resides at the Shri Madhusudan Dhyanyoga Niketan Ashram in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India, do you have any knowledge of Om Dasji? it was a profound experience and he is offering Shaktipat, which we both are considering but would be grateful of your advice?

A - How lovely.  I do not know this man you mention but i know his spiritual daughter, Anandi Ma, was given the authority to pass on his teachings.  So i wonder what their relationship is.  I have met his guru Dhyanyogi Madhusudandas in 1980 in Sacramento, California.  The experience was most interesting as he had an MD sponsor the event who did tests on how kundalini shaktipat affects on heart and blood pressure and it was written up in a book about him.  Read more about him to help you consider whether this is an approach is for you.  Some books he wrote include Shakti - An introduction to Kundalini Maha Yoga and Light on Meditation.  Then the deeper decision is to ask your heart to feel if the relationship is appropriate.  This is a possible initiation and for others it is not given with that intention only a gift not a lifelong relationship.  It is lovely that your heart is open to such a profound spiritual present.

Blessings.  mukunda