Slippery Manduka Mat

So I’ve only had this mat for about a month, but I’ve done SO much to it to try to make it less slippery. I’ve left it in the sun for several afternoons, several salt scrubs, baking soda, vinegar. I even lightly rubbed it with a fine grain sand paper. Does anyone have anymore tips on how to make my mat less slippery? Or do I just have to wait it out?

Dawn liquid dish detergent with a bristle scrub brush. Rinse it off VERY well and leave it out in the sun to dry. Since Dawn is designed to cut grease it does a pretty good job stripping off that top layer of slick. Hope this helps!

[QUOTE=JHP123;87077]Dawn liquid dish detergent with a bristle scrub brush. Rinse it off VERY well and leave it out in the sun to dry. Since Dawn is designed to cut grease it does a pretty good job stripping off that top layer of slick. Hope this helps![/QUOTE]

I will try it Thank you!!

Maybe it’s not the mat but your skin instead? Do you use a lotion on your hands/feet or perhaps a liquid-based soap?

You can try Dr. Bronner’s liquid soap on the mat but from what you’ve shared I cant imagine you’ve missed anything.

[QUOTE=InnerAthlete;87079]Maybe it’s not the mat but your skin instead? Do you use a lotion on your hands/feet or perhaps a liquid-based soap?

You can try Dr. Bronner’s liquid soap on the mat but from what you’ve shared I cant imagine you’ve missed anything.[/QUOTE]

Hmm I don’t use lotion but I do use liquid soap!

Sometimes the ingredients in the mainstream stuff has ingredients that remain on the skin. In the restroom at one of my corporate classes they have a liquid soap and I simply cannot use it before practice.

[QUOTE=InnerAthlete;87083]Sometimes the ingredients in the mainstream stuff has ingredients that remain on the skin. In the restroom at one of my corporate classes they have a liquid soap and I simply cannot use it before practice.[/QUOTE]

Oh OK thanks!

Does anyone have anymore tips on how to make my mat less slippery? Or do I just have to wait it out?

I do use Manduka mat and finding is really safe in terms of its ability to hold the ground.

May be your mat has got some issue. You can contact Manduka guys and report because they claim that it is very firm on the floor.