Slippery Mat

OK. I’ve had the same old mat a long time. Now that I’m doing lots of Yoga I am starting to slide on it. I have cleaned it lots and lots but about 1/3 of the way thru my practice I am starting to slide.
Time for a new mat and which is a good one that won’t get sliuppery.
Thanks for any tips.

“The Mat” from Lululemon. It’s a great mat and sweat actually makes it more grippy!

I have a Prana mat and sometimes have the same problem. Their website says to spray down with an essential oil blend, and use it within about 20 minutes, while it’s still damp. This seems to work great. And, honestly, I don’t always use it damp and it seems that the essential oil blend helps to keep it a bit grippier in general.
I used (in a spray bottle):
30 drops tea tree, cup of water, and 1/4 cup witch hazel, shaken up
Added combination (40 drops total) of rosemary, lavender, lemongrass, and bergamot. Then shook it all up again.

Their website says to mix each combo separately but I didn’t do that, I just poured it all into a bottle and shook it up. I added the bergamot just because I love it. :slight_smile:

So far so good.

**Edit: reading comprehension fail. Well anyway, you can use this blend on your new mat. :slight_smile:

Yoga towel ? Works great in hot yoga w/sweat and slip.

I use a yoga towel too, it works well. Mine is from manduka. It feels a little slippery when it’s dry but it gets grippy when you start sweating.

I use Yogitoes. A beach towel works too.

A good Towel can be used for many things
IMHO

Well a towel [B][I]IS[/I][/B] the most useful item an interstellar traveler could have. :wink: