Snail pose sanskrit

hello! Can anyone tell me the sanskrit name for snail pose?

Halasana (Plow pose) came up with a simple Google search.
I had never heard of the Snail pose before. It seems that Snail is the variation of Halasana within Yin Yoga. I know of Yin Yoga only by name. There might be more than just a name difference between these 2 postures, so it is best to find instructions for both rather than simply comparing them through pictures.

Namaste,

I had never heard of snail before either. Thanks for the clarification.

The snail pose I know is nothing like plow (halasana). You are on your knees, then you come forward onto the chest and chin with hands on the floor. Buttocks in the air and back arched. The complete iyengar advanced version is to lift the knees off the floor. This feels near impossible for me although I have seen it being done! Sound familiar?

Viparita Salabhasana II

thankyou:D

Yes, thank you!
IA: Please share where you know this from. I did another search for [I]snail + Iyengar + yoga[/I] with no relevant results. I have never heard Viparita Salabhasana called the Snail (Viparita=reverse, opposite or inverted & Salabha=locust), so I am wondering if your response was due Jo’s description of the asana or by calling it snail.

This is what I was referencing earlier. Snail::Yin Halasana

Thanks and cheers,

“It seems that Snail is the variation of Halasana within Yin Yoga” , that’s precisely why yoga needs to be patented before someone comes up with a question like “hello! Can anyone tell me the sanskrit name for Yoga?”

Yes Nichole, it was Jo’s description of the pose that helped me with the identification.

[QUOTE=Nichole;6730]Yes, thank you!
IA: Please share where you know this from. I did another search for [I]snail + Iyengar + yoga[/I] with no relevant results. I have never heard Viparita Salabhasana called the Snail (Viparita=reverse, opposite or inverted & Salabha=locust), so I am wondering if your response was due Jo’s description of the asana or by calling it snail.

This is what I was referencing earlier. Snail::Yin Halasana

Thanks and cheers,[/QUOTE]

I realize you asked a long, long time ago but, didn’t see a final answer during a quick scan but, I’d like to propose that the closest Sanskrit name for the Snail Pose = Karnapidasana… #KeepSTRONG!