So confused about diet!

[QUOTE=oak333;76330]

Picking up a good diet nowadays is like picking up the good path in a mine field. You should know where the mines are burried.
l[/QUOTE]

You can find great advice on how to avoid the bad foods in this book:

It us useful to know PLU code when you buy your food in a store. Eg five digits starting with 8 shows it is organic, starting with 9 it is genetically modified…

http://www.plucodes.com/

This code is valid worldwide.

With yoga proper diet plan is important. In my opinion with yoga it is good to eat some vegetables and fruits and fruit juice is best to drink. We can also drink plenty of water with yoga. These things help us during yoga and show good results.

[QUOTE=Samasthiti;62173]Hello friends,
i am new to these forums. I have been practicing yoga for a few years on and off and would like to hear suggestions on how to eat to support the practice. I am frustrated because there is so much mixed information out there but i personally dont know how to listen to my body yet so would like some general guidelines. Some of the things I have read talk about how dairy is great for yoga practitioners but so many these days say that dairy should be avoided. I personally love dairy but dont want to be doing something to my body that may not be good. I appreciate the help.[/QUOTE]

I’m not an expert on yoga or following a specialized “yoga diet”, but I wanted to chime in because I noticed that you said you love dairy, but you don’t want anything that’s not good for your body. I disagree with the notion that dairy is unhealthy, because it contains high amounts of calcium, which is a crucial mineral for bone health. While you shouldn’t be drinking a gallon of milk a day by any means, some dairy is healthy and necessary.

Hi

I am new here, and I was following the blood type diet which is o- negative for me. suppose to eat alot of meat. However, I am now getting more practice in yoga and feel like perhaps I should not eat the meat. Now, I would only eat grass fed beef from whole foods or a local farm, but even that seems wrong.

I am also celiac with a lactose intolerant.

This is exciting because I was hoping to connect with other yogi’s and now I am on the forum. Any thoughts on diet would be greatly appreciated. I tried the raw food way, but I feel bloated and gasey as well.

:frowning: confused.

satvik ahar or food is considered as a best option. in mine seminars i suggest one food program of greengram or mung. which is too much effective.

mine master had written 200 page book on the mung or green gram which is amazing.