Tall Guy Issues

Hi everybody,

My first post in a related yoga forum! I quickly introduce myself: i’m from France (I will do my best to not murder Shakespeare’s language) , male, 26, and i began Yoga 2 years ago. Mainly Hatha, Ashtanga, Yin.

As the topic title implies, i’m a tall dude. 6’5". And i have a natural physiognomy and metabolism quite specific: My body is strangely heavy, despite a low muscular development, and almost no fat, i often reach 190lbs.

My problem is that my body is to heavy to lift, and i’m often more restricted by muscular fatigue than flexibility. Of course, with experience, i learned to optimise my body ressources, by a better distribution of strain on muscle groups, and a respiratory training.

A good example may be the plank (Kumbhakasana if i remind). If the flow requires to perform a dozen of planks during the session, I will eventually be in strong difficulties to lift my body for last ones. And I always care about a good use of abdominal strap, but it’s not enough.

So I was wondering if you had advices, specific flows or asanas, to increase my muscular system? And, I specify that my objective isn’t to build an esthetical muscular system, but an efficient one.

Thank you for the time you will dedicate to my topic. :slight_smile: