The celestine prophecy, does anyone follow these insights?

The book was introduced to me recently, and I’ve been captivated by the concepts. I’m curious as to everyone’s thoughts as the book relates to yoga practice. Are there any relationships?

[QUOTE=trademarked;46532]The book was introduced to me recently, and I’ve been captivated by the concepts. I’m curious as to everyone’s thoughts as the book relates to yoga practice. Are there any relationships?[/QUOTE]

there are but for the most part the “spiritual truths” books that comes out in the West that seem to catch on with the general public have always seems pretty, I don’t know, sophomoric to me. Just really basic. Eckhart Tolle, James Redfield, Jimmy Twyman, Dan Millman, Greg Braden (who I’ve actually debated over such things), many of them are just making money off trying to make spirituality palatable to the Western ego. It’s disgusting :mad:

[QUOTE=Indra Deva;46534]there are but for the most part the “spiritual truths” books that comes out in the West that seem to catch on with the general public have always seems pretty, I don’t know, sophomoric to me. Just really basic. Eckhart Tolle, James Redfield, Jimmy Twyman, Dan Millman, Greg Braden (who I’ve actually debated over such things), many of them are just making money off trying to make spirituality palatable to the Western ego. It’s disgusting :mad:[/QUOTE]

I’m not really certain that I understand your objection. Some people may need basic material to begin to discover a certain mindset. Can you clarify? We all have to earn a living, and I’m sure if you were a writer you’d expect to get paid for your publishings. Just playing devil’s advocate here, perhaps you can share more information.

[QUOTE=trademarked;46535]I’m not really certain that I understand your objection. Some people may need basic material to begin to discover a certain mindset. Can you clarify? We all have to earn a living, and I’m sure if you were a writer you’d expect to get paid for your publishings. Just playing devil’s advocate here, perhaps you can share more information.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you feel the need to play “devil’s advocate” says it all. :rolleyes:
The karmic debt being accumulated by some of these so-called “teachers” is downright colossal.
I certainly wouldn’t want to be them…

I must say that I found all the above mentioned books really interesting and helped me piece together what i would call my path. I have been teaching yoga for many years, and although these are not actually yoga books, the teaching of yoga basically says that we are all finding our own way or path back to oneness, enlightenment or source energy, whichever suits you best. Of course they are making money, but it is clear that the true essence was not written with only money as the main concern, I have a little book out, and money is far from the reason I wrote it. I wrote it to share and ramble on with a view to anyone getting something out of it of some worth to them, I like writing.
Many of the insights in the celestine prophecy are akin to the teachings of Carolyn Myss and her archytypes. We have a lot of ‘stuff’ to process before we can move into a state of all knowing, omnipresence etc. Raja Yoga, which is the umbrella name for the 8 paths of yoga, includes these principles, for example, right action, meditation, visualisation, knowing self. Just rambling.

[QUOTE=Indra Deva;46537]The fact that you feel the need to play “devil’s advocate” says it all. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

What exactly does it say? You are still being vague. I am just trying to see both sides, but I still don’t see yours since you aren’t being specific.

I read The Celestine Prophecy, based on a recommendation of a family member, years ago and it was ok but it left me with the feeling that it was pretty much a CliffNotes conglomerate of other books I had read prior on of philosophy/religion/spirituality and to be honest I did not take it all that seriously since to me it just seemed like it was nothing new and already written about in greater detail in other places.

Also if I am remembering correctly, and I may not be it was years ago and I’m old, the Mayan civilization was in Mexico and Central America not Peru as the author suggested

[QUOTE=trademarked;46556]What exactly does it say? You are still being vague. I am just trying to see both sides, but I still don’t see yours since you aren’t being specific.[/QUOTE]

“What exactly does what say?” :confused:

[QUOTE=Indra Deva;46613]“What exactly does what say?” :confused:[/QUOTE]

If you re-read the conversation I think you’ll understand.

I also felt the Celestine prophecy was a bit of a let down after it was hyped up. Still good, and interesting, just didn’t blow me away as I’d expected. However, saying that it kind of lingers in your mind, like it lights an ember rather than blows away, gives you a taste of a mindset, sets you on a path, opens you up to synchronicity. Other books in similar vein for me were ‘The Prophet’, ‘Becoming the Sphere’, ‘The Alchemist’, ‘The Five People You Meet In Heaven’, although true the last one wasn’t ‘spiritual’ in the same sense.

These kinds of books are great for putting a new taste in your mouth, and leaves you searching for more, and experimenting with more, rather than serving up a full meal.

Hope my strange analogies helped.