The Great illusion Illusion

The great illusion of samsara is the supreme bless of nirvana

I’m not sure I get it.

and by that I mean I don’t get it.

Lets be honest.

?What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.?
[I]~Richard Bach, Illusions[/I]

It may be read as, “in the bliss of nirvana, the sansara appears as an illusion”

Sansara, the universe full of objects including people and all their interactions, is true to us at any given point in time with reference to the space we occupy. Little deeper and subtle awareness makes us see a different truth and in relation to it the earlier ‘truth’ becomes an illusion. We go through a series of such unlearning and learning episodes realizing that any perception-based truth is always relative, since the elusive dimensions of time and space are built into the very perception.

At the culmination of spiritual attainment, when there is only ‘eternal now’, the time and space dimensions collapse, perception-based duality ends and there is oneness with consciouness. This then is the ultimate truth and from that point, all other earlier editions of truth apprear as illusion.

However, as Patanjali observes, while the universe is illusion for the enlightened, at the same time it is real for those who are not. The tricky question is whether objects are real or not. Obviously, they are real, except that with guna-infested perception one will never know what that reality is.

[QUOTE=CityMonk;66799]The great illusion of samsara is the supreme bless of nirvana[/QUOTE]

Not sure i get the meaning. Could it be these are only words in a random order?

Classical Astanga-Yoga in Munich
Hatha-Yoga courses

bjoy, thanks for a good one!

[QUOTE=yogam;66980]Not sure i get the meaning. Could it be these are only words in a random order?

Classical Astanga-Yoga in Munich
Hatha-Yoga courses[/QUOTE]

that just means that nirvana is also an illusion, a maya

Expectations of the mind are limited to the finite therefore the absolute appears as an illusion, direct experience with non-duality does not remove us from operating in the dualistic world but perspective changes dramatically, seeing the world as it is, a momentary manifestation in consciousness.

Expectations of the mind are limited to the finite therefore the absolute appears as an illusion, direct experience with non-duality does not remove us from operating in the dualistic world but perspective changes dramatically, seeing the world as it is, a momentary manifestation in consciousness.

Ray,
In my view, in a state of non-duality, their is no experience. Experience is from awareness and that needs an “experiencer” and the “experienced”. Perspective also does not just change dramatically, it dissolves.

However, it is true that in migrating from ordinary perception to a non-dual state, direct perception is an important stepping stone, for only then we leave the meddling mind behind. To be able to “see the world as it is” is by no means a small achievement.

Non-dual state is once in a million occurance. But, in this final state the screen of perception has to drop. This screen with which we are straightjacketed for life, causes the Absolute (the Spirit) to appear changing, finite and divided instead of changeless, infinite and whole that it really is.

[QUOTE=Suhas Tambe;70178]Ray,
In my view, in a state of non-duality, their is no experience. Experience is from awareness and that needs an “experiencer” and the “experienced”. Perspective also does not just change dramatically, it dissolves.[/QUOTE]

In my view ([I]the exeriencer[/I]), in a state of non-duality, their is no experience ([I]the opposite of experience[/I]).

[QUOTE=Suhas Tambe;70178]However, it is true that in migrating from ordinary perception to a non-dual state, direct perception is an important stepping stone, for only then we leave the meddling mind behind. To be able to “see the world as it is” is by no means a small achievement.[/QUOTE]

One must change states to comunicate in human dulistic state.

[QUOTE=Suhas Tambe;70178]Non-dual state is once in a million occurance. But, in this final state the screen of perception has to drop. This screen with which we are straightjacketed for life, causes the Absolute (the Spirit) to appear changing, finite and divided instead of changeless, infinite and whole that it really is.[/QUOTE]

The Non-dual state has never been seperate, “I AM”.

[QUOTE=CityMonk;66799]The great illusion of samsara is the supreme bless of nirvana[/QUOTE]

Haha, good one!

[QUOTE=bjoy;66858]?What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.?
[I]~Richard Bach, Illusions[/I][/QUOTE]

keep being the best caterpillar you can be… eat your greens! :wink: and when you are a butterfly be the best butterfly you can be :slight_smile:

the butterfly is still the same caterpillar just a different form…

citymonk:
moksha(nirvana) according to patanjali is when there is no vrittis. Would it not be nice to have no thoughts? How calm and nice it would be. If you have many thoughts compulsive or not it takes so much energy, how nice to be able to shut it off.

So then is it really an illusion? If we meditate we will se results but it can take time to really meditate, just because we sit down doesnt necessarily means we actually do meditate.

I have become much cooler and dont get stuck on thoughts so much as i used prior starting meditation and if i got these results rather quick i believe that if i continue to meditate my vrittis will be less and less. Even persons in my surrounding says i have changed to a different person, much calmer etc. So i can imagine in few years from now i will change even more. And everyone that do meditate will probably also change and become calmer. I bet many in this forum share the same experience as I do.

I understand though that people that has not experienced any kind of bliss will discard it as an illusion believing it does not exist.

What i have noticed many persons here gets to obsessed with what the scriptures says. Forgetting that the saints also says you must walk the road your self. So we dont need to scriptures to that extent, they are however useful as guidelines so we dont totally fumble in the dark, as we must experience the truth our self. The scriptures can be guidelines but we cant believe them as firm truth as different people has interpreted them differently , thus we have different branches everywhere. So do your practice try to follow yama and niyama. This is better than knowing the scripture. Knowledge without practice is useless.

Even buddha says dont believe it just because i said it. Find out for your self.

the greatest illusion is to identify yourself as your mind movements, concepts and forms that mind give to express what you perceive… the destruction of illusion is to know how mind works…

[QUOTE=fakeyogis;76035]What i have noticed many persons here gets to obsessed with what the scriptures says…

…Even buddha says dont believe it just because i said it. Find out for your self.[/QUOTE]

we just tend to pick from the scriptures that seem fit our “own way” :wink: