The Healing Power of Yoga Nidra

[B]We have been doing some deep research into the area of Yoga Nidra and would like to share some of our discoveries.
[/B]
We would also love to learn more about any experiences or research (modern or ancient) that you have to offer. What are your experiences? Do you have any resources to contribute?!

If you are new to yoga nidra, then read this small excerpt to awaken your inner knowing and learn more about it:

YOGA NIDRA, or Sleep Yoga is a systematic method of inducing complete physical, mental, and emotional relaxation: known as psychic sleep or the yoga of conscious sleep.

In the Yoga Nidra practice, the consciousness is said to be resting in a state between wakefulness and sleep, sometimes referred to in modern psychology as the ?hypnagogic state?. It is in this state during the Yoga Nidra practice that the alpha brain wave length is prolonged, providing the body with the ability to deeply restore and heal itself both physical, mentally and emotionally.

During the practice of Yoga Nidra, the mind becomes exceptionally receptive, and the identification of the egoic ?I?, ?me? or ?mine? identification is bypassed. This enables the practitioner of Yoga Nidra to learn languages and other subjects very rapidly, and the intentions given during the practice of yoga nidra are said to be successful in removing unwanted habits and tendencies. Even habits such as smoking and over-eating can be overcome with the continual use of Yoga Nidra. However, the Yogis would advise us to ?go for the gold? and create an intention or sankalpa that is of the highest spiritual nature ? as this intention would create the ultimate satisfaction and peace in all areas of one?s life. In fact, it is said that yoga nidra can be used for directing the mind to accomplish anything.

Read PART 2 of this article here >>>The Healing Power of Yoga Nidra

There is also a short video you can watch as well :slight_smile:

We’d love your feedback …

1 Like

iRest link
http://www.irest.us/

I go a couple times a month to yoga nidra
Cheers love

Nidra yoga is a healing path that draws energy from the sun. Since the energy of the sun is positive, this poses are designed to bring you into harmony with your inner self and others. This music deeply connects to the inner child within each of us and helps lower back pain sufferers relax while raising shoulder and head pain; stress neck; pain in midsection; and more!