The Value of Yoga Alliance Membership

I have registered with YA years ago, and have not extend my membership just because I have not noticed any value of it. YA just gives a card with the number and the card says that such and such is registered with them. I’m just wondering if it has changed. What are benefits of being registered with YA today. Thanks

PS: would be nice to hear from you on how could they add a value to the membership and registration, since i might contact the board about their cervices.

They’re recently started hosting member-discounted CEU trainings re: business, etc. I haven’t attended any but I did see them listed. Also, YA membership offers member-only discounts to a lot of external companies such as apparel companies and some business companies. I’m not too sure about them all, but I did order a dress at a 50% from the rack through them, since someone told me about it. The benefit depends on whether you would have use for it. I also switched to getting my insurance through them, rather than through Yoga Journal benefits. The price difference wasn’t that much, but the hassle was less, and I don’t have to receive Yoga Journal magazine anymore. A friend of mine was on an advisory board a few years ago that brainstormed benefits and services to offer. I’ll see if she is still on it, as she might have an idea of what else is coming. They are losing their CEO, or something, I heard… so who knows if everything will continue to progress in that department.

If you want more info, I could probably login and actually see what they have to offer. I’ve been a bit too busy to do anything online in a while…