There is a little to lean about yoga

There is a little to lean about yoga, but a lot to practice

Absolutely. It is self-realization, learning through experience. All that the philosophy does is provide a jargon, symbols, references and examples; and a small GPS, just in case.

Nicely put Suhas. The philosophy is the road map. The practice is the view. :slight_smile:

yeah… I realized that i was reading …reading …reading…learning…teaching…debating…but my personal practice went down the hill meanwhile … hence the quote arised :slight_smile:

Very few realize this. Surya Deva used to advocate setting up a central authority on yoga. Though the idea was flawed in many other ways, such a body would have mandated continuing education for yoga teachers where return to practice would have been a pre-requisite.

Speaking for myself, I started working on the book more that ten years back. Then I realised a need for experiential knowledge to be able to qualify to write on yoga. So, I started practicing. But your thought now comes to remind me of my recent lapses. Thanks for that. Scriptures say, a teacher comes to help in many ways, and forms. Indeed.

I am excited to get to the point where I feel there is a little left to learn. I feel like there is always so much to learn. But am working to set time aside each day to practice.

5000 years of knowledge …
Cheers