Thoughts on online meditation practices for newbie

Hello everyone! For quite some time I was looking for some good options for new meditation experiences - online classes, apps, courses, groups, etc. It's definitely something very different and it brings different thoughts/feelings and can teach you new methods.*
During my research, I have discovered a couple of apps like Yours App, Calm, Insight Timer and others. They have different content for meditation, yoga, breathing, sleep, fitness and more. The amount of content is rather overwhelming and I'm not even sure where to start from. Maybe you could share what are the best practices for you, where to start for someone who is a newbie to the mindfulness scene?

1 Like

One familiar name in Mindfulness is Jon Kabat-Zinn, who founded Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), which involves mindfulness-exercises.
If you look up Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), created by Steven Hayes, they have a lot of great mindfulness-exercises as well.
Do you wanna go back to basics, so to speak, and have more of a Buddhist aspect on meditation, Yuttadhammo Bikkhu comes to mind as a really pragmatic individual, who has great explanations. :+1::relaxed::person_in_lotus_position:‍♂

Start learning meditation online from experts we are at Arhanta yoga offers meditation teacher training online at an affordable price.

Become a certified and confident Meditation teacher with our comprehensive online training of 50 hours. Learn to teach meditation and complete the course at your own pace. Learn from expert teacher Ram Jain (ERYT 500) with his 20+ years of teaching experience. After successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate that allows you to start teaching meditation all over the world.