Tips on how to find a suitable Yoga Mat

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if I could get some help!
I am looking to buy a yoga mat but am not quite sure what to get… ><

I have been practicing Ashtanga yoga for years now, but have always just used the mats provided or the floor. I liked the convenience of popping in and out of class without having to carry the mat around with me all day long but I am glad to say that I am finally convinced I should buy a mat for myself.

I travel occasionally, once a year overseas maybe *I’m from Australia.
Like having the support of a mat - minor joint problems (should I be looking at ones that are 4/5mm?)
And am looking to take up Bikram yoga (what material would suit the heat, rubber/ bamboo?)
I sweat quite alot so maybe something that will keep me well-grounded, not smell / stink after use etc? I want something that will last a few years at least if life-long durability is not possible :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve looked up Gaiam/ Lululemon and Manduka (although it’s quite expensive at around $88 aussie dollars).

Your help is much appreciated!

I from australia also -check emp industries website - heaps yoga mats.
I also ashtanga vinyasa practioner. I sweat alot, get a cotton rug (also frm emp) to put over matt to stop slippage
Honestly i think its best to spend the money and buy a good matt, cant remember what mine is called but black and 5mm thick. Have used it 6 times week for least past 6 yrs and still going strong (note i always use cotton cover once into seated poses)

Many thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

I think I’ve found yours. VB Black PRO?

Though I think the lighter version - maha lite pro - would prob suit me better.
(Sorry was gonna link the url, but I am not allowed to post URLS to other sites unless I’ve made 15 posts…)

Sorry for asking, but do you rmb how much they charged you for the shipping/ postage?

Cheers

[QUOTE=ladyjessus;76768]Many thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:

I think I’ve found yours. VB Black PRO?

Though I think the lighter version - maha lite pro - would prob suit me better.
(Sorry was gonna link the url, but I am not allowed to post URLS to other sites unless I’ve made 15 posts…)

Sorry for asking, but do you rmb how much they charged you for the shipping/ postage?

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Yep thats mine - its is quite heavy to carry around but as majority of my asana practise is hme based i dont mind.
Sorry cant remember how much delivery was but everything i got from there has been prompt abd reliable

great, thanks!