Torn intercostal muscles

Two weeks ago I slipped on some iced granite stairs, falling backward: my left arm flew back to brake the fall (due to subconscious body paranoia about an old left hip injury) and, according to my naturopathic doctor, I sustained torn intercostal muscles in the lower left thoracic back area. The tear was so severe that there was bleeding to effect a bruise at the surface although that part of my back never struck anything. My N.D. has me taking Wobenzym oral enzyme to deter excessive fiber buildup as I heal. I am doing as usual the joint freeing series daily: now until yellow lights.
Please advise as to any supplemental therapy etc that could be helpful.
Namaste

A delicate condition to be suffering from. all my recommendations need especial attention to Patanjali Yoga Sutras II, 46-47 to be sure you follow Classical Yoga guidelines for maintaining effort and benefits in the green light zone. The intercostals heal slowly unless one does what you can to increase the immune systems vitality. I recommend doing supported (restorative) or half shoulderstand when you are comfortable there. The longer the better, followed by resting in jathara parivartanasana - revolving abdominal (lying) twist instead of matsyasana - fish.

I have found that intercostal breathing (see my book page 55) can help speed healing too provided your pressure is sensitive.  In addition i would recommend taking supplements of BF & C (bone, flesh, and cartilage formula) from Nature's Way to speed healing process.  I have found this to be most helpful for all tissue injuries and I use it in a liniment whenever I do bodywork.  This is available from Emerson Ecologics at 800-654-4432.