Totally New to Yoga (Book Recommendation)

Hello all

I'm a 53-year young man who would like to get into Yoga for relaxing and de-stressing. I really need to have a go at this because my anxiety levels are through the roof these last few weeks.

I'm very new to Yoga, but, I just tried a 5-minute exercise (if that is the correct term) and it worked. It was this one:

It really did work. I actually feel a lot more relaxed than I did 10 minutes ago.

I meditate for 15 minutes, three times a day (Mindfulness), and whilst that can relax me, more often than not, it can be hard work. That was a bit of a surprise to me as I thought meditation was all about relaxing. I suppose some techniques are, but Mindfulness can be quite an intense experience (because you are dealing with thoughts). That is why I looked for something else and turned to Yoga. It just, worked.

Could someone perhaps recommend a book on Yoga for a complete beginner?

I know there are lots of different Yoga techniques, but I really just want one that relaxes both body and mind. To that end, it would also be great if the recommended book also taught Yoga breathing/meditation to relax.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all :slight_smile:

Meta Modern Era by Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi