User Titles

We currently have the vBulletin user titles in place. They are:

[B]Junior Member[/B]: 0 posts[B]
Member[/B]: 30 posts
[B]Senior Member[/B]: 100 posts

I think we should think about new creative titles that could be fun and more fitting for yoga. What do you all think?

Maybe we could do:

Beginner Yogi:
Intermediate Yogi:
Advanced Yogi:

? I’m so not creative!!

I think it is important that the User Titles not represent to other members level of mastery in various Yoga disciplines. They should just be a fun way to encourage members to post. We can also have more then 3 levels (actually I would suggest that we tweak that too).

Here is my recommendation:

0 - 9 posts = Newbie
10 - 49 posts = Junior Member
50 - 199 posts = Active Member
200+ posts = Senior Member

Still not very creative. I am sure we can find something that would correlate with paths of development within yoga practice that we could use with the titles. What other ideas do you all have?

I didn’t mean the titles to reflect where they are as far as yoga goes…its more like a nickname instead of just “member.”

I’ll try to think of some other ones…

Maybe a good name for a poster with lots of posts would be Forum Yogi?

Yeah, that could work. I definitely think its cool to incorporate “yoga” somewhere in the user title. YOu know…just because! lol

What do you guys think about using Sanskrit numerals in the User Title? For example, d?śa=10, so 1-10 post makes you a D?śa Yogi.
It is good way to get a little Sanskrit practice in without too much effort!

[quote=Nichole;5276]What do you guys think about using Sanskrit numerals in the User Title? For example, d?śa=10, so 1-10 post makes you a D?śa Yogi.
It is good way to get a little Sanskrit practice in without too much effort![/quote]Very cool idea!

[quote=Nichole;5276]What do you guys think about using Sanskrit numerals in the User Title? For example, d?śa=10, so 1-10 post makes you a D?śa Yogi.
It is good way to get a little Sanskrit practice in without too much effort![/quote]
Oooh, I like it!!

It is good way to get a little Sanskrit practice in without too much effort![/quote]

This is a terrific idea! How would we do this: (sanskrit challenged)

0 - 10 posts = D?śa Yogi
11 - 50 posts =
51 - 200 posts =
200+ posts =

??

200 + posts = Yogiraj

Yogiraj means a Yoga master, it is a title given to an accomplished yogi.

High there

What about creating a karma scale that increases with the number of posts?
Lars

[QUOTE=Andy R;5272]I think it is important that the User Titles not represent to other members level of mastery in various Yoga disciplines. They should just be a fun way to encourage members to post.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Lars and PatR for your creative title suggestions! We are trying to follow the guideline of Andy’s quote above.
Can either of you help with finding the sanskrit words for 50, 200 and the word “plus” ? I was only taught to count to d?śa (10)!

Thanks to you both
Cheers

I found

sanskrit numbers

example (more in the link)

[B]100 [/B]shat?
[B]200 [/B]dveshate
[B]300 [/B]trishat?
[B]400 [/B]c?tuhshata
[B]500 [/B]pa?cashata
[B]600 [/B]s?tshata
[B]700 [/B]saptashata
[B]800 [/B]astashata
[B]900 [/B]navashata
[B]1,000 [/B]sah?sra [I]or[/I] dashashat

Thanks Hubert! I wonder if we should add the word member after the number? Here is an example:

Shat? Member
Dveshate Member
Trishat? Member
C?tuhshata Member
Pa?cashata Member
S?tshata Member
Saptashata Member
Astashata Member
Navashata Member
Sah?sra [I]or [/I]Member

I like having the work “Member” in English as it gives the readers a slight hint at what those User Titles are but maybe it would be good to have the word “Member” in Sanskrit also?

Also, I like the idea of having User Titles for each hundred posts (up to 1,000). Then above 1,000 we should have one last title (something fun) but that follows our guidelines. Any suggestions?

[QUOTE=Andy R;5526] I like having the work “Member” in English as it gives the readers a slight hint at what those User Titles are but maybe it would be good to have the word “Member” in Sanskrit also?

Also, I like the idea of having User Titles for each hundred posts (up to 1,000). Then above 1,000 we should have one last title (something fun) but that follows our guidelines. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Going up to 1000 is is great! I think those are the perfect titles! I agree about using “Member” in English. It is a good east-meets-west kind of title.

Hubert: Thank you for find all of those numbers and that site for us!

Cheers

So, I notice this great idea is not yet implemented. I encourage it!

This has been implemented :slight_smile:

You can also create a custom user title here.