Vedas,yoga and meditation

Dear friends ,
Namaste,

Rigveda mantra for you all, the explanation is by my pujya gurudev Swami Ramswarup ji,

[B]Rig Veda mantra 10/90/7[/B]

[B]TAM YAJYAM BARHISHI PRAUKSHAN PURUSHAM JAATAMAGRATAHA.
TEN DEVA AYAJANT SADHYA RISHYASHCH YE.

[/B]“AGRATAHA JAATAM” famous since eternal times, “TAM” that “YAJYAM” adorable “PURUSHAM” Almighty God “BARHISHI” within heart “PRAUKSHAN” originates/makes him happy “CHA” and “TEN” by the God “DEVAHA” other learned of yoga philosophy i.e., Yogi “YE” who “SADHYAHA” the worship which is complete in all respects which results in realization of God (accomplished worship) “RISHYAHA” he who sees Ved mantras within him “AYAJANT” they do adhyatmik (spiritual) Yajyen.

[B]Meaning & Idea:[/B] God is eternal. He is true. Nobody makes God. God is Swayambhu. i.e., neither He is made nor anything is made out of God. He was always in the past, is in Present and will ever remain in the future after final destruction too.

The rishis originate God within their hearts and make Him happy and having the aim of God, the other learned persons of Vedas i.e., Yogi who have done accomplished worship of God i.e., the worship which is complete in all respects and resulting in realization of God and have attained the stage of seeing Ved mantras within them, they do adhyatmik Yajyen i.e., spiritual Yajyen.

Adhyatmik Yajyen means to follow the path of Vedas especially path of Samveda. In short the Vedas state to worship God by listening Vedas from a learned acharya, perform daily Yajyen/havan, name-jaap of God. Hard practice of Ashtang yoga philosophy etc.

In such a way, aspirant, at a stage becomes ascetic and knows Prakriti, soul and Almighty God. He attains Asampragyat Samadhi wherein he realizes God within him. The said worship is according to Vedas and Vedas are eternal knowledge which emanates direct from God. Therefore the present man-made worship does not tally with Vedas.

I hope explanation of veda mantras enlighten you and serve the purpose of understanding of yoga philosophy.

om

Dear Friends,
namaste,

One spiritual seeker has posed a following question to my Guru, i would like to share this question and my gurus reply to his querry, this is useful for all soul who are in search of Truth:

[B]Question:[/B] Scientists have common knowledge that pretty much the right side of the human brain gets utilized the most, the left side does very little if nothing at all. Is there any yoga practise or anything mentioned in the Vedas, that we can use to train ourselves to use both sides of the brain thereby giving us a higher level of intelligence and therefore a better understanding of God?
[B]Swami Ramswarup:[/B] Actually only some important cells of brain work daily of a normal person. When an aspirant does Yajyen and ashtang yoga practice then a day comes when his several cells of brain and even body are awakened and at this stage the whole mind starts working. In yog shastra, the said stage of a Yogi is stated, “RITAMBHARA TATRA PRAGYA” i.e., the mind of a Yogi at this stage has attained truth.

“TAJJAHA SANSKAROANYASANSKARPRATIBANDHEE” i.e., the stage of such a Yogi is not now ordinary but is changed totally. He is no more considered ordinary man.

dear friends i hope now you understand that spirituality, vedas and yoga is science not myth.I hope now you understand that how a yogi brings back life to a person, performs miracle in the true light of patanjali yoga sutras and vedas.Yoga philosophy stems from vedas.Now you can very well understand Lord Rama, krishna, Jesus and other great yogis and siddha purush.
God manifests in a yogi after realisation so these realised one are above petty diferrences of cast, creed, religion and nationality and they do not have lust, i/ego, there 5 indriyan and perception are controlled

In this regard i would quote words of lord swami narayan, this great soul manifested in earth for welfare of ignorant masses in 1650’s in India

"He reveals: 'From the day of my birth to 
 this day, never has an evil thought of 
wealth or woman ever crossed my mind, 
neither in my dream nor waking state.

Revealing the equanimity of His mind, He
says: ‘To me, the higher and lower
pleasures of the world are one and
equal; a king and a beggar are equal;
ruling over the throne of the three worlds
and begging with a bowl are equal;
being worshipped with flowers and
insulted with dirt are equal. Both honour
and dishonour are equal to me.’

His mind was always steady in His Atman.
He reveals: 'Even if externally, I may have
been involved in innumerable activities,
internally, when I introspect and look
within at my Atman, all my energies are
withdrawn into my Atman like the limbs of
a tortoise.
And there I experience the ultimate Bliss "

Om

Dear friends,
namaste to all

I had earlier said about yajen.In the ancient times, Yajya was given utmost importance and any aspirant who went to the learned to get Deeksha used to carry Samidha (a twig to be offered in pious fire of havan) in his hand. Prashnopnishad states that six Rishis including Satyakaam went to Piplad Rishi with a Samidha which is a clear indication that everybody must perform Yajyen. Whereas it is our bad luck that now the people go to present saints without samidha and even present saints tell against the Vedas and Yajyen. History also states that Sri Krishna Maharaj went to jungle along with Sudama to fetch samidha during his stay in Guru Sandipan’s ashram.
God Himself declares in various mantras, for instance in Yajurveda mantra 1/2, "Vasoho Pavitramasi"i.e., Yajyen beholds the entire universe. Further, it spreads materials and spiritual purity and is the bestower of eternal happiness on the entire world. Hence, in the said mantra, the organizer and performer of Yajyen along with learned are advised never to give up Yajyen, in fact they should ask this knowledgeable question as to who orders us to perform true deed of Yajyen?
Yajurveda mantra1/6 gives the authentic reply to this question that “Tasmai Twa Bhunakti” i.e., God Himself orders all human-beings to perform this true, pious deed of Yajyen.
Hence Yajyen is supreme worship of God. It also purifies air, water, environment since the offerings put in the pious fire of Yajyen contains antiseptic, antibiotic, nutritive (energetic), fragrant materials that disintegrate into smaller molecules when put into fire and spread rapidly in the atmosphere thereby purifying it. In fact these molecules of ghee etc., are carried by sun rays and spread into atmosphere. When these molecules reach into upper layers of atmosphere, it has been proved scientifically that they play a vital role in causing timely rains which is a blessing to the farmers, animals and public at large. When, in India, Mumbai was, hit by plague then people from all sects and sections of society started performing havan on the advice of the scientists and were benefited to a large
extent.

French scientist Tri, has made commendable research in the pure smoke that emanates during the performance of Yajyen. On the analysis, he found that Yajyen is usually performed by burning twigs of mango tree that generate, “formaldehyde” gas on burning. This gas has the property to kill the germs and purify air and water. In fact this research
inspired the scientists to make the disinfectant, “Formaline” used widely in households in the form of harpic, lizol, phenyl etc.
Another scientist named Tautlik proved that the resins (seedless) like currants mixed with in the offerings made in pious fire of Yajyen are capable to kill the germs of typhoid even, when exposed to the smoke of Yajyen for half an hour daily. The effect of smoke of Yajyen is deadly on germs of smallpox, tuberculosis, cholera, when the offerings put in the fire contain jaggery, raw sugar (molasses) besides resins and currants. The small quality of carbon dioxide so produced is beneficial as it causes green house effect.
Shatpath Brahmin Granth 14/4/2-3/29 beautifully describes that, “Soul (Jeevatma) desired to have wife, to be get children, to have money and to perform Yajyen. Person harbouring such pious desires should not ask for more.” The underlying meaning is that when person is blessed with living assets in the form of family and material assets like money etc., such assets are means to perform Yajyen. It is every one’s duty to utilize these assets in performance of Yajyen. Due to lack of true knowledge of Vedas, ignorant person indulges in attachment, allurement, laziness, inactivity, sensuality, worldly pleasures etc. on possessing money and family and does not utilize these assets in the performance of Yajyen and adopts a conduct which is contradictory to the Vedic tenets and teachings of shastras. As a result, he never achieves eternal peace. In spite of possessing materials assets, he is never contended and wanders like a deer misted by mirage in desert and the lust grows for more. Hence, keeping in view the experienced and
authentic speech of Rishis, all must remain attached to pious deeds like Yajyen etc., on being blessed with family and other assets.

Dear friends,
On the above post i have mentioned about yajen as told by my Guru.
ANcient indians till mahabharat the india was vedic india.Post mahabharat the vedic knowledge was not lost but dwindled slowly in ashrams due to ignorance.Yajen itself is a science.In this kaliyug we are worried about health, environment,global warming, diseases,pollution,floods and many more things.If you can do yajen nothing like it not only you, as a soul , family but the entire universe will be benefitted by it.In Vedas and geeta best form of worship to god is Yajen and practice of Yoga.We should do yajen at sandhi kaal i.e transition times.Morning(when sun appears), evening(time when sets in) for the benefit of humanity, for spiritual benefit night is the best time.If a single person does havan entire humanity gets benefitted.You can do yajen with gayatri mantra.As many times you want as per time and space.There are special mantras with beautiful meanings which are also used.I do yajen as told by my guru with my husband,son in morning hours or evening before sun sets in.It purifies your mind,atmosphere and gives serenity to you.

further you can read about yajen/agnohotra and its vast benefits to humanity, environment at following sites:
[B]Vedic Society[/B]

http://www.shivapuri.com/agnihotr.htm

AWGP - Gayatri And Yagna

Vedmandir :: www.vedmandir.com

may god bless us all

Dear friends
namaste,

Human body is the only body amongst all the creations of God which can realise Self and god by the preach of Vedas and hard practice of Astanga Yoga.In the blessed soil of india many souls have achieved this ultimate aim of human life by preach of vedas and hard practice of Astanga yoga.I am pasting excerpts from Sai Chartra (Biography of sai baba of shirdi), the great siddha purush of Shirdi conveys the worth of human body in following stanjas:
The most effective and speedy way to gain our object is to approach a worthy Saint or Sage - Sadguru, who has himself attained God-vision. What cannot be achieved by hearing religious lectures and study of religious works, is easily obtained in the company of such worthy souls. Just as the sun alone gives light, which all the stars put together cannot do, so the Sad-Guru alone imparts spiritual wisdom which all the sacred books and sermons cannot infuse. His movements and simple talks give us ‘silent’ advice. The virtues of forgiveness, calmness, disinterestedness, charity, benevolence, control of mind and body, egolessness etc. are observed by the disciples as they are being practiced in such pure and holy company. This enlightens their minds and lifts them up spiritually. Sai Baba was such a Sage or Sad-Guru. Though He acted as a Fakir (mendicant), He was always engrossed in the Self. He always loved all beings in whom He saw God or Divinity. By pleasures He was not elated. He was not depressed by misfortunes. A king and a pauper were the same to Him. He, whose glance would turn a beggar into a king, used to beg His food from door to door in Shirdi, and let us now see how He did it.
[FONT=Arial]In this wonderful universe, God has created billions (84 lacs according to Hindusastra calculation) of creatures or beings (including Gods, demigods, insects, beasts and men) inhabiting heaven, hell, earth, ocean, sky and other intermediate regions. Of these, those creatures or souls, whose merits preponderate, go to heaven and live there till they enjoy the fruits of their actions, and when this is done, they are cast down while those souls, whose sins or demerits preponderate, go down to hell, and suffer the consequences of their misdeeds for so long a time as they deserve. When their merits and demerits balance each other, they are born on earth as human beings, and are given a chance to work out their salvation. Ultimately when their merits and demerits both drop down (are got rid of) completely, they get their deliverance and become free. To put the matter in a nutshell, souls get their births or transmigrations according to their deeds and intelligence (development of their minds). [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I hope we all who are practicing yoga be steadfast and achieve the highest aim of human body by devotion and following eternal wisdom[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]OM[/FONT]

Dear friends,

Namaste,

I was down with eye infection.The best name of God as described in Vedas is OM . I am pasting the different meanings of OM with respect to God and keeping in view Vedas as told by my Guru:

OM has three Hindi words. Aa,Uu and Ma. Aa is meant for Aakaar from which three names of God are built, Viraat, Agni and Vishwadi. From Uu= uukaar from which Hirnyagarbh, Vaayu and tejas names occurs and Ma = makaar from which Ishwar, Aditya and Praajyan aadi, holy names of God occurs. Rig ved mantra 1/164/ 46 says the God is one but His names are several. But here only the said names are given. Viraat means he who creates the universe. Therefore His name is Viraat.

Agni means he who is knowledgeable, omniscient, to be known and adorable. Therefore His name is Agni. Vishw means in whose the space, fire etc., i.e., all bhoots are entering or he who is in all these bhootas and is omnipresent. So His name is Vishw. Hirnyagarbh means in whose these sun, moon i.e., dyulok reside and originated i.e., why His name is Hirnyagarbh. Vaayu means by which the universe is held , gives lives and destroy and is the supreme power, that is why His name is Vaayu. Tej means who is a shape of light Himself, i.e., God does not take light from anywhere else. But gives light to sun, moon, stars etc., So the unbroken, unconstrcted/unproduced and eternal shape of light is Almighty God and not sun, moon, stars, candle or any lamp of the world or any light of the world. Because all these lights are broken one day, but not God. Ishwar means who and whose knowledge is always a never dying truth and who has unlimited pleasure or merriment in Him. Aditya means who can not be broken in to pieces and thus cannot be destroyed. So His name is Aditya. Praajyan means He who knows the every manner and behave of whole of the universe without misunderstandings. So His name is Praajyan.

I hope this will help us in understanding real spiritual knowdledge.
OM

Dear friends,

Namaste to all,

These excerpts from Sai Chartra on Great siddha purush sai baba of shirdi i am am putting for every body’s contemplation. Its long do read it and try to understand the wisdom imparted in this :

These was a rich gentleman (unfortunately his name and whereabouts are not mentioned) who was very prosperous in his life. He had amassed a large quantity of wealth, houses, field and lands, and had many servants and dependents. When Baba’s fame reached his ears, he said to a friend of his, that he was not in want of anything, and so he would go to Shirdi and ask Baba to give him Brahma-Jnana which, if he got, would certainly make him more happy. His friend dissuaded him, saying, "it is not easy to know Brahman, and especially so for an avaricious man like you, who is always engrossed in wealth, wife and children. Who will, in your quest of Brahma-Jnana, satisfy you that won’t give away even a pice in charity?"
Not minding his friend’s advice, the fellow engaged a return-journey tanga and came to Shirdi. He went to the Masjid, saw Sai Baba, fell at His Feet and said, “Baba, hearing that You show the Brahman to all who come over here without any delay, I have come here all the way from my distant place. I am much fatigued by the journey and if I get the Brahman from You, my troubles will be well-paid and rewarded.” Baba then replied, "Oh, My dear friend, do not be anxious, I shall immediately show you the Brahman; all My dealings are in cash and never on credit. So many people come to Me, and ask for wealth, health, power, honour, position, cure of diseases and other temporal matters. Rare is the person, who comes here to Me and asks for Brahma-Jnana. There is no dearth of persons asking for wordly things, but as persons interested in spiritual matters are very rare, I think it a lucky and auspicious moment, when persons like you come and press Me for Brahma-Jnana. So I show to you with pleasure, the Brahman with all its accompaniments and complications."
Saying this, Baba started to show him the Brahman. He made him sit there and engaged him in some other talk or affair and thus made him forget his question for the time being. Then He called a boy and told him to go to one Nandu Marwari, and get from him a hand-loan of Rs. five. The boy left and returned immediately, saying that Nandu was absent and his house was locked. Then Baba asked him to go to Bala grocer and get from him, the said loan. This time also, the boy was unsuccessful. This experiment was repeated again twice or thrice, with the same result.
Sai Baba was, as we know, the living and moving Brahman Incarnate. Then, some one may ask - "Why did He want the paltry sum of five rupees, and why did He try hard to get it on loan? Really He did not want that sum at all. He must have been fully knowing, that Nandu and Bala were absent, and he seems to have adopted this procedure as a test for the seeker of Brahman. That gentleman had a roll or bundle of currency notes in his pocket, and if he was really earnest, he would not have sat quiet and be a mere onlooker, when Baba was frantically trying to get a paltry sum of Rs. five. He knew that Baba would keep His word and repay the debt, and that the sum wanted was insignificant. Still he could not make up his mind and advance the sum. Such a man wanted from Baba the greatest thing in the world, viz., the Brahma-Jnana! Any other man, who really loved Baba, would have at once given Rs. five, instead of being a mere onlooker. It was otherwise with this man. He advanced no money nor did he sit silent, but began to be impatient, as he was in a haste to return and implored Baba saying- “Oh Baba, please show me the Brahman soon.” Baba replied - "Oh my dear friend, did you not understand all the procedure that I went through, sitting in this place, for enabling you to see the Brahman? It is, in short this. For seeing Brahman one has to give five things, i.e. surrender five things viz. (1) Five Pranas (vital forces), (2) Five senses (five of action and five of perception), (3) mind, (4) intellect and (5) ego. This path of Brahma-Jnana of self-realization is ‘as hard as to tread on the edge of a razor’.

Sai Baba then gave rather a long discourse on the subject, the purport of which is given below
[B]Qualifications for Brahma-Jnana or Self-Realization [/B]
All persons do not see or realize the Brahman in their life-time. Certain qualifications are absolutely necessary. (1) Mumuksha or intense desire to get free. He, who thinks that he is bound and that he should get free from bondage and works earnestly and resolutely to that end;and who does not care for any other thinks, is qualified for the spiritual life. (2) Virakti or a feeling of disgust with the things of this world and the next. Unless a man feels disgusted with the things, emoluments and honors, which his action would bring in this world and the next, he has no right to enter into the spiritual realm. (3) Antarmukhata (introversion). Our senses have been created by God with a tendency to move outward and so, man always looks outside himself and not inside. He who wants self-realization and immortal life, must turn his gaze inwards, and look to his inner Self. (4) Catharsis from (Purging away of) sins. Unless a man has turned away from wickedness, and stopped from doing wrong, and has entirely composed himself and unless his mind is at rest, he cannot gain self-realization, even by means of knowledge. (5) Right Conduct. Unless, a man leads a life of truth, penance and insight, a life of celibacy, he cannot get God-realization. (6) Preferring Shreyas, (the Good) to Preyas (the Pleasant). There are two sorts of things viz., the Good and the Pleasant; the former deals with spiritual affairs, and the latter with mundane matters. Both these approach man for acceptance. He has to think and choose one of them. The wise man prefers the Good to the Pleasant; but the unwise, through greed and attachment, chooses the Pleasant. (7) Control of the mind and the senses. The body is the chariot and the Self is its master; intellect is the charioteer and the mind is the reins; the senses are the horses and sense-objects their paths. He who has no understanding and whose mind is unrestrained, his senses unmanageable like the vicious horses of a charioteer, does not reach his destination (get realization), but goes through the round of births and deaths; but he who has understanding and whose mind is restrained, his senses being under control, like the good horse of a charioteer, reaches that place, i.e., the state of self-realization, when he is not born again. The man, who has understanding as his charioteer (guide) and is able to rein his mind, reaches the end of the journey, which is the supreme abode of the all-pervading, Vishnu (lord). (8) Purification of the mind. Unless a man discharges satisfactorily and disinterestedly the duties of his station in life, his mind will not be purified and, unless his mind is purified, he cannot get self-realization. It is only in the purified mind that Viveka (discrimination between the Unreal and the Real), and Vairagya (Non-attachment to the unreal) crop up and lead on the self-realization. Unless egoism is dropped, avarice got rid of, and the mind made desireless (pure), self-realization is not possible. The idea that ‘I am the body’ is a great delusion, and attachment to this idea is the cause of bondage. Leave off this idea and attachment therefore, if you want to get to the Self-realization. (9) The necessity of a Guru. The knowledge of the self is so subtle and mystic, that no one could, by his own individual effort ever hope to attain it. So the help of another person-Teacher, who has himself got self-realization is absolutely necessary. What others cannot give with great labour and pains, can be easily gained with the help of such a Teacher; for he has walked on the path himself and can easily take the disciple, step by step on the ladder of spiritual progress. (10) and lastly the Lord’s Grace is the most essential thing. When the Lord is pleased with any body, He gives him Viveka and Vairagya; and takes him safe beyond the ocean of mundane existence, “The Self cannot be gained by the study of Vedas, nor by intellect, nor by much learning. He, whom the Self chooses, by him It is gained. To him the Self reveals Its nature”, says the Katha Upanishad.
After the dissertation was over, Baba turned to the gentleman and said - “Well sir, there is in your pocket the Brahma (or Mammon) in the form of fifty-times five(Rs.250/-) rupees; please take that out.” The gentleman took out from his pocket the bundle of currency notes, and to his great surprise found, on counting them, that there were 25 notes of 10 rupees each, Seeing this ominiscience of Baba, he was moved and fell at Baba’s Feet and craved for His blessings. Then Baba said to him, "Roll up your bundle of Brahma viz. Currency notes. Unless you get rid completely of your avarice or greed, your will not get the real Brahma. How can be, whose mind is engrossed in wealth, progeny and prosperity, expect to know the Brahma, without removing away his attachment for the same? The illusion of attachment or the love for money is a deep eddy (whirlpool) of pain full of crocodiles in the form of conceit and jealousy. He, who is desireless, can alone cross this whirlpool. Greed and Brahma are as poles asunder, they are eternally opposed to each other. Where there is greed, there is no room for thought or meditation of the Brahma. Then how can a greedy man get dispassion and salvation? For a greedy man there is no peace, neither contentment, nor certainty (steadiness). If there be even a little trace of greed in mind, all the Sadhanas (spiritual endeavors) are of no avail. Even the knowledge of a well-read man, who is not free from the desire of the fruit or reward of his actions, and who has got no disgust for the same, is useless and can’t help him in getting self-realization. The teachings of a Guru are of no use to a man, who is full of egoism, and who always thinks about the sense-objects. Purification of mind is absolutely necessary; without it, all our spiritual endeavors are nothing, but useless show and pomp. It is, therefore, better for one to take only what he can digest and assimilate. My treasury is full, and I can give anyone, what he wants, but I have to see whether he is qualified to receive what I give. If you listen to Me carefully, you will be certainly benefited. Sitting in this Masjid, I never speak any untruth."
When a guest is invited to a house, all the members of the household and other friends and relations that happen to be present, are entertained, along with the guest. So all those that were present in the Masjid at this time, could partake of the spiritual feast, that was served by Baba for the rich gentleman. After getting Baba’s blessings, one and all, including the gentleman left the place quite happy and contented.
[B]Special Characteristic of Baba[/B]
There are many Saints, who leaving their houses, stay in forest, caves or hermitages and remaining in solitude, try to get liberation or salvation for themselves. They do not care for other people, and are always self-absorbed. Sai Baba was not of such a type. He had no home, no wife, no progency, nor any relations, near or distant. Still, He lived in the world (society). He begged His bread from four or five houses, always lived at the foot of the (Neem) tree, carried on wordly dealings, and taught all the people how to act. and behave in this world. Rare are the Sadhus and Saints who, after attaining God-vision, strive for the welfare of the people. Sai Baba was the foremost of these and, therefore, says Hemadpant.
“Blessed is the country, blessed is the family, and blessed are the chaste parents where This extraordinary, transcendent, precious and pure jewel (Sai Baba) was born.”

May we all understand these jewels of wisdom imparted by Sai Baba of shirdi during his lifetime at Shirdi, India to common masses makes us spiritually wise, we all are worldly wise.

OM

Dear friends,
namaste,

My salutions to God, guru and all the realised souls.Sai baba of shirdi, this perfect master by incidents have shown to ignorant masses the fruits of actionOne more incident of his i am putting for your contemplation, this brahma gyani and his leelas is a spiritual feast:

[B]Two Goats [/B]
Baba was once returning from Lendi, when He saw a flock of goats. Two of them attracted His attention. He went to them, caressed and fondled them and bought them for Rs.32/-. The devotees were surprised at this conduct of Baba. They thought that Baba was duped in this bargain, as the goats would fetch Rs.two each, at the most Rs.3/- or 4/- each, i.e., Rs.8/- for both. They began to take Baba to task for this, but Baba kept calm and cool. Shama and Tatya Kote asked Baba for an explanation. He said He should not store money as He had no home, and any family to look after. He asked them to purchase at His cost 4 seers of ‘dal’ (lentil) and feed the goats. After this was done, Baba returned the goats to the owner of the flock and gave out of the following reminiscences and story of the goats.
“Oh, Shama and Tatya, you think that I have been deceived in this bargain. No. Listen to their story. In their former birth they were human beings and had the good fortune to be My companions and sit by My side. They were uterine brothers, loving each other at first, but later on, they became enemies. The elder brother was an idle fellow while the younger one was an active chap and earned a lot of money. The former became greedy and jealous and wanted to kill his brother and take away his money. They forgot thier fraternal relations and began to quarrel with each other. The elder brother resorted to many devices to kill his younger brother, but all of his attempts failed. Thus they became deadly enemies and finally on one occasion the elder gave a deadly blow with a big stick on the latter’s head while the latter struck the former with an axe, with the result that both fell dead on the spot. As the result of their actions, they were both born as goats. As they passed by me, I at once recognized them. I remembered their past history. Taking pity on them I wanted to feed them and give them rest and comfort and for this reason I spent all the money for which you reprove me. As you did not like My bargain I sent them back to their shepherd.” Such was Sai’s love for the goats!

The pefect masters like Swami nityananda, Lahiri mahashya, neem karoli baba, ramkrishna paramhanas, trailanga swami, Swami Samrath of akkalkot, sai baba, Pad vallabh and many more have explained to his devotees the karma and birth theory like this.How our actions affect us.Their lives are marvellous, awe inspiring and legends for followers of vedas and astanga yoga.So friends think about our actions .
This theory of karma and birth is intiguing we do not know what karma will lead to what birth …

OM

Thank you Rashmi for sharing all these stories, I really love to read them. I especially like Sai Baba’s explanation about qualification for Self-Realization. This way, even I never met Him, I can benefit of His wisdom.
For those of us who does not have fates good enough to meet such a Master, mumuksha (desire to get free) is often taught by pain and suffering.

Thank you hubert for your words of appreciation.Infact i daily read the biographies of these perfect masters, to keep me on the path of astanga yoga and veda.This knowledge belongs to humanity, given by God to four rishis of unsexual creation Agni Aaditya, Angira and Vayu at the begining of this creation.There First disciple was brahma.the guru shishya parampara started by brahma is continuing since then.My efforts are to alievate the darknes or misconceptions in the mind of all the practitioners of astanga yoga regarding vedas/yoga by quoting the examples of these perfect masters.And to make you understand the spirituality of Yoga, its origination, which will benefit all.On the path of yoga and devotion to god i have gained this knowledge.
These perfect masters will guide you in your journey of self realisation depending on your faith, devotion and steadfastness if you pray to them.indian mind is devoted due to spiritual vibrations.But in this age of darkness(kaliyug) truth is distorted and we have to dispel this darkness from our minds.as and when time permits these jewels of wisdom by these siddha yogis.

om

Dear friends,
namaste,
we often discuss in this forum regarding Guru. in this regard we should always listen to vedas and brahma Gyani.Brahma means God. One who himself after preach of vedas, practice of astanga yoga has realised self and god is called brahma Gyani.God reveals himself to others through these brahma gyanis and Gurus.Further what to read regarding spiritual emancipation ,vedas and shastras, commenties by mantradrishta rishis and brahma gyanis to be read .Due to internet/printing press the knowledge Given by our mantradrishta rishis is now available to us, read it .Those brahma gyanis, philosopher of vedas and yoga have left these valuable knowledge in the form of sutras. If possible do acquire knowledge of sanskrit which is a divine language and mother of all language.Never get disheartened be steadfast in practice of Yoga. God is called athiti in vedas you never know when he plesed with you and reveal you, but you have to sincere urge to seek him.Now the grace of guru by sai baba of shirdi:

[B]Mrs. Radhabai Deshmukh [/B]
There was an old woman by name Radhabai, She was the mother of one Khashaba Deshmukh. Hearing Baba’s fame, she came to Shirdi with the people of Sangamner. She took Baba’s darshan and was much satisfied. She loved Baba intimately and resolved in her mind, that She should accept Baba as her Guru, and take some Upadesh from Him. She knew nothing else. She determined to fast herself unto death, so long as Baba did not accept her, and give her any Upadesh or Mantra. She stayed in her lodging and left off taking any food or water for three days. I was frightened by this ordeal of the old woman, and interceded with Baba on her behalf. I said, “Deva, what is this You have started? You drag so many persons here. You know that old lady. She is very obstinate and depends on You entirely, She has resolved to fast unto death, if You don’t accept and instruct her. If any thing worse happens, people will blame You, and say that Baba did not instruct her, and consequently she met her death. So take some mercy on her, bless her and instruct her.” On seeing her determination, Baba sent for her, changed the turn of her mind by addressing her as follows:-
"Oh mother, why are you subjecting yourself to unnecessary tortures and hastening your death? You are really My Mother and I am your child. Take pity on Me and hear Me through. I tell you My own story, which if you listen carefully, will do you good. I had a Guru. He was a great Saint and most merciful. I served him long, very long; still he would not blow any Mantra into My ears. I had a keen desire, never to leave him but to stay with and serve him; and at all costs receive some instructions from him. But he had his own way. He first got my head shaved and asked Me two pice as Dakshina. I gave the same at once. If you say that as My Guru was perfect, why should he ask for money and how should he be called desireless? I replied plainly that he never cared for coins. What had he to do with them? His two pice were (1) Firm Faith and (2) Patience or perseverance. I gave these two pice or things to him, and he was pleased.

Om

“I resorted to My Guru for 12 years. He brought Me up. There was no dearth of food and clothing. He was full of love nay, he was love incarnate. How can I describe it? He loved Me most. Rare is a Guru like him. When I looked at him, he seemed as if he was in deep meditation, and then we both were filled with Bliss. Night and day, I gazed at him with no thought of hunger and thirst. Without him, I felt restless. I had no other object to meditate, nor any other thing than My Guru to attend. He was My sole refuge. My mind was always fixed on him. This is one pice Dakshina. Saburi (Patience or perseverance) is the other pice. I waited patiently and very long on My Guru and served him. This Saburi will ferry you across the sea of this mundane existence. Saburi is manliness in man, it removes all sins and afflictions, gets rid of calamities in various ways, and casts aside all fear, and ultimately gives you success. Saburi is the mine of virtues, consort of good thought. Nishtha (Faith) and Saburi (Patience) are like twin sisters, loving each other very intimately.”
"My Guru never expected any other thing from Me. He never neglected Me, but protected Me at all times. I lived with him, and was sometimes away from him; still I never felt the want or absence of his love. He always protected Me by his glance, just as the tortoise feeds her young ones, whether they are near her or away from her on the other side of the river bank, by her loving looks. Oh mother, My Guru never taught Me any Mantra, then how shall I blow any Mantra in your ears? Just remember that Guru’s tortoise-like loving glance gives us happiness. Do not try to get Mantra or Upadesh from anybody. Make Me the sole object of your thoughts and actions; and you will, no doubt, attain Paramartha (the spiritual goal of life). Look at Me whole-heartedly, and I in turn look at you similarly. Sitting in this Masjid, I speak the truth, nothing but the truth. No Sadhanas, nor proficiency in the six Shastras, are necessary. Have faith and confidence in your Guru. Believe fully, that Guru is the sole Actor or Doer. Blessed is he who knows the greatness of his Guru and thinks him to be Hari, Hara and Brahma (Trimurti) Incarnate."
Instructed in this way, the old lady was convinced; she bowed to Baba and gave up her fast.
Hearing this story carefully and attentively, and marking its significance and appropriateness, Hemadpant was most agreeably surprised. Seeing this wonderful Leela of Baba, he was moved from top to toe, he was overflowing with joy, his throat was choked, and he was not able to utter a single word. Shama, on seeing him in this condition asked him, - “What is the matter with you, why are you silent? How many innumerable Leelas of Baba shall I describe!”

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]Then Baba spoke as follows:- "My method is quite unique. Remember well, this one story, and it will be very useful. To get the knowledge (realization) of the Self, Dhyana (meditation) is necessary. If you practice it continuously, the Vrittis (thoughts) will be pacified. Being quite desireless, you should meditate on the Lord, Who is in all the creatures, and when the mind is concentrated, the goal will be achieved. Meditate always on My formless nature, which is knowledge incarnate, consciousness and bliss. If you cannot do this, meditate on My Form from top to toe as you see here night and day. As you go on doing this, your Vrittis will concentrate on one point and the distinction between the Dhyata (meditator), Dhyana (act of meditation), Dhyeya (this meditated upon) will be lost and the meditator will be one with the Consciousness and be merged in the Brahman. The (mother) tortoise is on one bank of the river, and her young ones are on the other side. She gives neither milk, nor warmth to them. Her mere glance gives them nutrition. The young ones do nothing, but remember (meditate upon) their mother. The tortoise glance is, to the young ones, a down-pour of nectar, the only source of sustenance and happiness. Similar is the relation, between the Guru and disciples."
When Baba uttered these last words, the chorus of the Arati songs stopped and all cried out loudly in one voice: “Victory be to our Sadguru Sai Maharaj, Who is Existence, Knowledge and Bliss.” Dear readers, let us imagine, that we are at this time, standing amongst the crowd in the Masjid; and let us join them in this Jayajayakar.
After the Arati ceremony was over, Prasad was distributed. Bapusaheb Jog advanced as usual, and after saluting Baba, gave into His hand a handful of sugar-candy. Baba pushed all this quantity into the hands of Hemadpant and said to him, “If you take this story to heart and remember it well, your state will be sweet as the sugar-candy, all your desires will be fulfilled and you will be happy.” Hemadpant bowed before Baba and implored, “Do favour me like this, bless and protect me always.” Baba replied - "Hear this story, meditate on it and assimilate its spirit. Then you will always remember and meditate on the Lord, Who will manifest Himself to you."
Dear readers! Hemadpant got Prasad of sugar-candy then; and we now get the Prasad of sugar-candy or nectar of this story. Let us drink it to out heart’s content, meditate on it, and assimilate it, and be strong and happy by Baba’s grace. Amen!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Dear friends,
namaste,

The knowledge of Brahma or God is very mystic and an able Guru only can tell you and reveal Him to you.All the ecxerpts i have taken for general guidance of every body in this forum.The sidhha purush like Sai baba of shirdi, swami Nityananda, swami ramkrishna param hansa, lord chaitanaya, Swaminarayan, Pad vallabh, Adi shankara,Buddha, trailanga swami rarely take rebirth , as they have perfected this art of self realisation, if they have come on earth again it is on divines will for the benefit of ignorant masses like you and me.The nectar of their wisdom should be read and read again to understand what they intend to say.all were brahma gyanis and highly evovled souls.But still on taking birth again did tapasya and yoga.Please read this account of sai babas guru from his own mouth as recorded by das ganu and translated in english by hemadpant :

Hemadpant describes the samsara (visible world) by the allegory of Ashvattha (Banyan) tree which has, in the phraseology of the Geeta, roots above and branches below. Its branches are spread downwards and upwards and are nourished by the gunas (qualities), and its sprouts are the objects of the senses. Its roots, leading to actions, are extended downwards to this world of men. Its form cannot be known in this world, nor its end, its beginning nor its support. Cutting this Ashvattha tree of strong roots with the sharp weapon of non-attachment, one should seek the path beyond, treading which there is no return.
For traversing this path, the help of a good guide (Guru) is absolutely necessary. However learned a man may be, or however deep his study of Vedas and Vedangas (sacred literature) may be, he cannot go to his destination safely. If the guide be there to help him and show him the right way, he would avoid the pitfalls and the wild beasts on the journey, and everything will be smooth-sailing.
Baba’s experience in this matter, the story which He gave out Himself, is really wonderful, which, when attended to, will give you faith, devotion and salvation.
[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][COLOR=blue]The Quest [/B]
Once four of us were studying religious scriptures and other books and, being thus enlightened, we began to discuss the nature of the Brahman. One of us said that we should raise the self by the Self and not depend on others. To this the second replied that he who controls his mind is blessed; we should be free from thoughts and ideas and there is nothing in the world without us. The third said that the world (phenomenon) is always changing, the formless is eternal; so we should discriminate between the Unreal and the Real. And the fourth (Baba Himself) urged that bookish knowledge is worthless and added, "Let us do our prescribed duty and surrender our body, mind and five pranas (life) to the Guru’s feet. Guru is God, all pervading. To get this conviction, strong unbounded faith is necessary."
Discussing in this wise, we four learned men began to ramble through the woods in the quest of God. The three wanted to make the quest with their free and unaided intellect. On the way a Vanjari (a man who trades in certain things, such as grain etc. by carrying them on bullock) met us and asked us, “It is hot now, where and how far are you going?”. “To search the woods”, we replied. He enquired, “On what quest are you bound?” We gave him an ambiguous and evasive reply. Seeing us rambling aimlessly, he was moved and said, “Without knowing the woods fully, you should not wander at random. If you want to walk through forests and jungles, you should take a guide with you. Why do you exert youselves unnecessarily at this sultry noon-time? You may not give out to me your secret quest; still you can sit down, eat bread, drink water, take rest and then go. Be always patient at heart.” Though he spoke so tenderly, we discarded his request and marched on. We thought that we were self-contained men and needed nobody’s help. The woods were vast and trackless, the trees therein grew so close and tall, that the sun’s rays could not penetrate through them; so we lost our way and wandered here and there for a long time. Ultimately through sheer good luck, we came back to the place from were we started. The Vanjari met us again and said, “Relying on your own cleverness you missed your way; a guide is always necessary to show us the right way in small or great matters; and no quest can be successfully carried out on an empty stomach. Unless God wills it, no one meets us on the way. Do not discard offers of food; served dish should not be thrust away. Offers of bread and food should be regarded as auspicious signs of success.” Saying this he again offered us food and asked us to be calm and patient. Again we did not like this good hospitality and discarded his offer and went away. Without doing any quest and without taking any food, the three began to move out. So obstinate were they. I was hungry and thirsty and I was moved with the Vanjari’s extraordinary love; we thought ourselves very learned but were quite strangers to pity and kindness. The Vanjari was a quite illiterate and unqualified fellow and belonged to a low caste. Still he had love in his heart and asked us to eat the bread. In this way he who loves others disinterestedly is really enlightened and I thought acceptance of his hospitality was the best beginning of getting knowledge. So very respectfully I accepted the loaf of bread offered, ate it and drank water.
Then to! The Guru at once came and stood before us, “What was the dispute about?” He asked and I told him everything that had happened. Then he said, “Would you like to come with me? I will show you what you want; but he alone, who believes in what I say, will be successful.” The others did not agree to what he said and left him; but I bowed to him reverently and accepted his dictum. Then he took me to a well, tied my feet with a rope and hung me - head downwards and feet up - from a tree near the well. I was suspended three feet above the water, which I could not reach with My hands, nor which could go into my mouth. Suspending me in this manner he went away, no one knew where. After 10 or 12 ghatakas (4 or 5 hours) he returned and taking me out quickly asked me how I fared. “In Bliss supreme, I was. How can a fool like me describe the joy I experienced?” I replied. On hearing my answer the Guru was much pleased with me, drew me near him and stroking my body with his hand kept me with him. He took care of me as tenderly as a mother-bird does of her young ones. He put me into his school; how beautiful it was! There I forgot my parents, all my attachment was snapped and I was liberated easily. I thought that I should embrace his neck and remain staring at him always. If his image were not fixed in my pupils, I would like better to be blind. Such was the school! No one, who entered it once, could return empty-handed. My Guru became my all-in-all, my home and property, mother and father, everything. All my senses left their places and concentrated themselves in my eyes, and my sight was centred on him. Thus was my Guru, the sole object of my meditation and I was conscious of none else. While meditating on him my mind and intellect were stunned and I had thus to keep quiet and bow to him in silence.
There are other schools where you see an altogether different spectacle. The disciples go there to seek knowledge and spend their money, time and labour; but ultimately they have to repent. The Guru there boasts of his secret knowledge and his straight-forwardness. He makes a show of his sacredness and holiness, but he is not tender at heart. He speaks a lot and sings his own glory; but his own words do not touch the disciples’ hearts and they are not convinced. So far as Self-realization is concerned, he has none. How can such schools be of any use to the disciples and how can they be benefited? The master (Guru) mentioned above was of different type. By his grace, realization flashed upon me of itself, without effort or study. I had not to seek anything, but everything became clear to me as broad day-light. The Guru alone knows how the topsy-turvy Suspension, ‘with head down and feet up’ can give happiness!

Om [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Among the four, one was a Karmatha (Ritualistic) who only knew how to observe, and abstain from, certain rites; the second was a Jnani, who was puffed up with pride of knowledge and the third was a Bhakta who surrendered himself completely to God, believing that he was the sole Doer. When they were discussing and arguing, the question of God turned up, and they, depending on their unaided knowledge, went in search of Him. Sai, who was Discrimination and Dispassion incarnate, was one of the four. Being Himself Brahman Incarnate, some may ask, “Why did He mix with them and act foolishly?” He did this for attaining the good of the public, and setting them an example to follow. Though an incarnation Himself, He respected a low Vanjari, by accpeting his food with the firm belief that “Food is Brahman” and showed how those who rejected Vanjari’s hospitable offer suffered and how it was impossible to get Jnana without a Guru. The Shruti (Taittiriya Upanishad) exhorts us to honour and worship mother, father and preceptor, and to study (learn and teach) the sacred scriptures. These are the means of purifying our minds and unless this purification is effected, self-realization is not possible. Neither the senses, nor the mind and intellect reach the Self. Modes of proof, such as Perception and Inference will not help us in the matter. It is the grace of the Guru that counts. The objects of our life such as Dharma, Artha and Kama are attainable with our effort, but the fourth object, Moksha (liberation) can only he had with the help of the Guru.
In the Darbar of Shri Sai, many personalities appear and play their part; astrologers come and give out their predicitions; princes, noblemen, ordinary and poor men, Sannyasis, Yogis songsters and others come for darshan. Even a mahar comes and, making a Johar (his salutation), says this Sai is the Mai-Baap (True parents), Who will do away with our rounds of births and deaths. So many others such as Jugglers, Gondhalis, the blind and the lame, Nath-panthis, dancers and other players come and are given suitable reception. Biding his own time, the Vanjari also appeared, and played the part assigned to him. Let us now revert to the other story.
[COLOR=black]All these excerpts related to guru from Swami nityananda and sai baba i have given for all of us to understand the efficacy of Guru and the knowledge of Brahma.[/COLOR]
I do request moderator of this site to allow me post these jewels of wisdom which is beneficial for a practioner of yoga to understand what is yoga and how it opens spiritual gateways.The yogic achievement of these Siddha yogis are unimaginable.the tree on which Swami nityananda used to meditate , the leaves of that tree had cured many illness of devotee which were not cured by doctors medicine etc.Blind people have got there eyes and so on. every act of these siddha yogis is worth mentioning .The control over five elements, five perceptions were simply marvellous.By there touch they can transform the people on spiritual path.Both of them were almost at the same time in India, but never used any foul language against each other or have those human feelings of jealousy.Sai baba had helped gajanan mahahraj, upasani baba and other people.Gajanan maharaj himself was an advanced soul.

I hope the underlying meaning of these words by baba and his life is beneficial to you all

OM

Dear friends,
namaste,
salutions to God, Guru and all realised souls,
We all(soul) take birth as per deeds.Who do not believe in rebirth i would like to tell.We all are aware of the history of the world after mahabharat war which is accepted by historians, Conquest of christanity, Islam, Persecution of Jews, Hindus, and native tribes on the name of religion, world has fought two world wars. If you consider these deaths and there is only one birth so then the population of the world should be decreasing but here the case is opposite.We are ever increasing.Every day there is a death and birth somewhere in world.A soul leaves the body and after 13 days enters and takes the birth as per its deeds.Listen to all the great siddhas like sai baba, swami Nityananda, swami narayan, Swami sammarth, Swami gajanan maharaj , Rammanna Maharishi etc. by the siddhi of knowing past present and future they have told many times their devottes and bhakta why are they sufferring, why they have bad husbands etc. In this regards vedas states like this:
Idea of Yajurveda mantra 39/6 is that after leaving the human body, the soul goes to several matters in the space etc., and then according to good or bad deeds takes next birth. Yajurved mantra 39/7 states that those souls who do sins they take birth with violent nature like wolves, bear and those who give fear to others in human body, they take birth in body with dangerous nature like crocodiles, poisonous snakes, tigers, lions, wild boars etc., those who give fear to others, they will be of timid nature like rabbits,deer etc. Those who give justice and make others fearless, they will take next birth in a fearless nature. Those who are indulged in illusion, they will take birth in a place where the atmosphere will be full of illusion(Yajurveda mantra 40/3 also refers). Those who are learned Yogis but are not yet attained salvation, they will take next birth in a place where there will not be any illusion but divine enlightenment. Those who have not controlled their five senses, five perceptions and mind then in the next birth they will be of restless nature. But those who have controlled their senses etc., will be of calm, peaceful nature. Those who have followed eternal knowledge, they will also be of peaceful nature in the next birth.
Atharvaveda mantra 9/10/16 states that those who are not learned in this birth, they will get the birth as “sthavar” rooted plants etc., as birds and as animals etc., and those who are learned they take next birth as rishi-munis. So the soul based on his sins or pious deeds takes birth in upper class or lower class. The above said Atharvaveda mantra also states that the soul in the human body knows each and everything that is each outer matter of the world but due to involvement in illusion, soul does not know himself.
As Manusmriti states in shlok 1/43-46 the soul according to deeds takes birth as animal, non-violent deer etc., carnivores like tiger, leopards etc., devils, human beings. Ths said are of “jarayuj” type i.e., those who take birth from their skin i.e., tissue. Soul takes birth as “undaj” type i.e., those who hatch from eggs like birds, snakes, crocodiles, fish, tortoise, etc. Soul takes birth in “Swedaj” type i.e., those who take birth from sweat, humidity, moisture, for-example, lice, mosquitoes, flies,
bed-bugs etc.
Soul also takes birth in Udbhij i.e., who takes birth from within the earth like plants who emerge from seeds etc., and are stable at one place like trees etc. So there are four above quoted main origin(yonis) of which the total number comes as 84
lakhs.

i have asked this question about yonis with support of vedas.i wanted to share this knowledge with you all.dear friends thats why we should shower our love to all animals , plants and look after them.In my next post i will quote examples from life of siddha purush to highlight this point.

OM

Dear friends,
namaste,

The fruits of karma or action is strange. We normal people get swayed by temptations, lust, anger and intellect. When we do yoga by steady practice slowly - 2 your veil is lifted.Now as a soul i am quite concious of my karma and action i do not want to hurt others, or be aparty of any thing bad.Further after reading biographies of many brahma gyanis i have learned that the ultimate aim of life is god realisation.Veda and yoga i have zeroed on after reading and contemplation and my own search. I pray to God please let me the know the truth however bitter it is so that i can correct myself in this birth.Lord rama, krishna, sai baba, Nityananda and other yogis. Thats why i say do yoga and yajna it will help you as a soul in destroying your bad or evil karmas.Now one incident as told by brahma gyani sai baba of shirdi on how we pay for our karmas:

Blessed is the face of Sai. If we cast a glance at Him for a moment, He destroys the sorrow of many past births and confers great bliss on us; and if He looks at us with grace, our bondage of Karma is immediately snapped away and we are led to happiness. The river Ganges washes away the dirt and sins of all people who go to her for a bath; but she intently longs for the saints to come to her and bless her with their feet and remove all the dirt (sins) accumulated in her. She knows for certain that this accumulation can only be removed by the holy feet of the saints. Sai is the crest-jewel of the saints, and now hear from Him the following purifying story.
[B]The Snake and the Frog [/B]
Sai Baba said - "One morning after taking My breakfast I strolled along till I came to a small river bank. As I was tired, I rested there, washed My hands and feet and had a bath and felt refreshed. There was a foot-path and a cart-track sheltered by shady trees. The breeze was also blowing gently. As I was preparing to smoke chillim (pipe), I heard the croaking of a frog. I was striking the flint and lighting the fire, when a traveller turned up, sat by My side, bowed to Me and politely invited Me to his house for meals and rest. He lit up the pipe and handed it over to Me. The croaking was heard again and he wanted to know what it was. I told him that a frog was in trouble and was tasting the bitter fruit of its own karma. We have to reap now the fruit of what we sow (do) in our past life, and there is no use in crying about it. Then he smoked and handed over the pipe to Me and said that he would go there in person and see for himself. I told him that a frog was caught by a big snake and was crying. Both were very wicked in their past life and were now reaping the fruit of their actions in these bodies. He went out and found that a huge black serpent was holding a big frog in its mouth.
He turned to Me and said that in about 10 or 12 minutes the frog would be eaten up by the snake. I said, "No, this can’t be. I am its father (protector) and I am here now. How shall I allow the snake to eat it up, am I here for nothing? Just see how I release it."
After smoking again, we walked on to the place. He was afraid and asked Me not to proceed further as the snake might attack us. Not minding him, I went ahead and addressed the creatures thus:- "Oh Veerbhadrappa, has not your enemy Bassappa yet repented though he has been born as a frog, and you too, though born as a serpent, still maintain bitter enmity against him? Fie upon you, be ashamed, give up your hatred now and rest in peace."
Hearing these words, the snake left the frog quickly and dived into the river and disappeared. The frog also jumped away and hid itself in the bushes.
The traveller was much surprised; he said that he could not understand how the snake dropped the frog and disappeared at the words uttered, who was Veerbhadrappa and who was Basssappa, and what was the cause of their enmity. I returned with him to the foot of the tree and after sharing a few puffs of smoke with him I explained the whole mystery to his as follows:-
There was ancient holy place sanctified by a temple of Mahadev about 4 or 5 miles from My place. The temple was old and dilapidated. The residents of the place collected funds for its repairs. After a large amount was collected, arrangement for worship was made and plans with estimates for repairs were prepared. A rich local man was appointed the Treasurer and the whole work was entrusted to him. He was to keep regular accounts and be honest in all his dealings. He was a first class miser and spent very little for the repairs, which consequently made very little progress. He spent all the funds, swallowed some amount himself and spent nothing from his pocket. He had a sweet tongue and was very clever in offering plausible explanations regarding the poor and tardy progress of the work. The people again went to him and said that unless he lent his helping hand and tried his best, the work would not be complete. They requested him to work out the scheme and again collected subscriptions and sent the amount to him. He received it, but sat as quiet as before without making any progress. After some days, God (Mahadev) appeared in his wife’s dream and said to her - “You get up, build the dome of the temple, I will give you a hundred-fold of what you spend.” She told this vision to her husband. He was afraid that it would involve him in some expenses and therefore laughed it out saying that it was a mere dream, a thing not to be relied and acted upon, or else why did not God appear to him and tell him? Was he far off from her? This looks like a bad dream, having for its object the creation of ill feeling between husband and wife. She had to remain quiet.
God does not like big subscriptions and donations collected against the wishes of the donors, but He likes ever trifling amounts given with love, devotion and appreciation. Some days after, God again appeared in her dream and said - “Do not bother yourself about your husband and the collections with him. Don’t press him to spend any amount for the temple. What I want is, feeling and devotion. So give, if you like, anything of your own.” She consulted her husband about this vision and decided to give God her ornaments given by her father. The miser felt disconcerted and decided to cheat even God in this item. He undervalued the ornaments at Rs.1,000/- and bought them himself and in lieu of the amount gave a field to God as endowment or security. The wife agreed to this. The field or land was not his own, it belonged to one poor woman named Dubaki who mortgaged it to him for Rs.200/-. She was not able to redeem it for long. So the cunning miser cheated all, his wife, Dubaki and even God. The land was sterile, uncultivated and worth nothing and yielded nothing, even in best seasons.
[COLOR=black]the rest post i am pasting in next thread[/COLOR]

Thus ended this transaction and the land was given in the possession of the poor priest who was pleased with the endowment. Sometime later on, strange things happened. There was a terrific storm and heavy down-pour of rain; lightning struck the house of the miser, when he and his wife both died. Dubaki also breathed her last.
In the next life, the rich miser was born at Mathura in a Brahmin family and was named Veerbhadrappa. His devout wife was born as the daughter of the priest of the temple and was named Gouri. The woman Dubaki (the mortgagor) was born as a male in the family of the Gurav (attendent) of the the temple and was named Chenbassappa. The priest was a friend of Mine, He often came to Me, chatted and smoked with Me. His daughter Gouri was also devoted to Me. She was growing fast and her father was seeking a good husband for her. I told him not to worry about this as the bridegroom himself would come seeking her. Then there came a poor boy named Veerbhadrappa of their caste, wandering and begging his bread to the priest’s house. With My consent Gouri was given in marriage to him. He was also at first devoted to Me as I recommended his marriage with Gouri. Even in this new life he was hankering after money and asked Me to help him to get it as he was leading a married man’s life.
Strange things happened. There was a sudden rise in prices. By Gouri’s good luck, there was a great demand for land and the endowment land was sold for one lakh of rupees (100 times the worth of her ornaments). Half the amount was paid in cash and the remaining was to be paid in 25 instalments of Rs. 2,000/- each. All agreed to this transaction, but began to quarrel over the money. They came to Me for consultation. I told them that the property belonged to God and was vested in the priest and Gouri was his sole heiress and proprietress and no amount should be spent without her consent and that her husband had no right whatsoever to the amount. Hearing my opinion Veerbhadrappa was wroth with Me and said that I wanted to establish Gouri’s claim and embezzle her property. Hearing his words, I remembered God and kept quiet. Veerbhadrappa scolded his wife (Gouri) and she came to Me at noon and requested Me not to mind the words of others and not to discard her as she was My daughter. As she thus sought My protection I gave her a pledge that I would cross seven seas to help her. Then that night Gouri had a vision. Mahadev appeared in her dream and said - “The whole money is yours, do not give anything to anybody, spend some amount for temple purposes in consultation with Chenbassappa and if you want to use it for some other purpose, consult Baba in the Masjid (Myself).” Gouri told Me the vision and I gave her the proper advice in the matter. I told her to take the principal or capital amount to herself, give half the amount of interest to Chenbassappa and that Veerbhadrappa had nothing to do in the matter. While I was thus talking, both Veerbhadrappa and Chenbassappa came there quarreling. I tried My best to appease them and told them God’s vision to Gouri. Veerbhadrappa got wild and angry and threatened to kill Chenbassappa cutting him to pieces. The latter was timid, he caught my feet and sought my refuge. I pledged Myself to save him from the wrath of his foe. Then after some time Veerbhadrappa died and was born as a snake and Chenbassappa died and was born as a frog. Hearing the croaking of Chenbassappa and remembering my pledge, I came here, saved him and kept My word. God runs to His devotees for help in times of danger. He saved Chenbassappa (the frog) by sending Me here. All this is God’s Leela or sport."
[B]The Moral[/B]
The moral of the story is that one has to reap what one sows, and there is no escape unless one suffers and squares up one’s old debts and dealings with others, and that greed for money drags the greedy man to the lowest level and ultimately brings destruction on him and others.

i hope you have understood my previous post with support from vedas on rebirth and karma.
OM

Dear friend,

Namaste,
Few mantras from vedas with meanings for you all, with the practice of yoga , kill your sorrows, read these mantras and understand God and vedas. If possible do yajen. Something which is not possible in physical world is possible in spiritual world. By the grace and permission of Guru and God i am putting for you all.

[B]Rigveda mantra 2/12/2[/B]

[B]YAHA PRITHIVEEM VYATHAMAANAAMADRINGHADYAHA PARVATAANPRKUPITAAM ARAMNNAAT.
YO ANTRIKSHAMA VIMAME VAREEYO YO DYAAMASTABHNAATSA JANAS INDRAHA. [/B]

O! (JANASAHA) learned man (YAHA) he who (VYATHAMAANAAM) rotating (PRITHIVEEM) earth (ADRINGHAT) holds (YAHA) who (PRAKUPITAAN) like angry enemies (PARVATAAN) to clouds (ARAMNNAT) disperses (YAHA) who (VAREEYAHA) huge extensive ( ANTARIKSHAM) space (VIMAME) gives respect i.e., holds and (YAHA) who (DYAM) light (ASTBHNAAT) holds (SAHA) the God (INDRAHA) Himself is Almighty God who too disperses the matters like sun. So amongst the unlimited names of God based on His divine qualities, His one name is also Sun. he is the only God who is to be known.

[B]Idea:[/B]
O! learned man he who holds the rotating earth, who disperses the clouds like angry enemies, who gives respect i.e., holds the huge, extensive space, who holds light i.e., who is form of light and gives light to other heavenly bodies, He is only God who is to be known.

[B]Atharavaveda 12/1/11[/B]

[B]GIRYASTE PARVATA HIMVANTORANNYAM TE PRITHVI SYONAMASTU. <br BABHRUM KRISHNNAM ROHINNEEM VISWAROOPAAM DHRUVAAM BHOOMIM PRITHIVEEMINDRAGUPTAAM.
AJEETOHATO AKSHATODHYASHTHAAM PRITHIVEEMAHAM. [/B]

(PRITHVI) O! earth (TE) your (GIRYAHA) hills and (HIMVANTAHA) ice laiden peaks (PARVATAAHA) mountains and (TE) yours (ARANNYAM) forests (SEYONAM) delightful to heart (ASTU) may.

[B]Idea:[/B] O! earth may your mountains, ice-laiden peaks and your forests be delightful to out heart.

(BABHRUM) nursing (KRISHNNAAM) ploughing (ROHINNEEM) fertile (VISHWARUPAAM) of several beautiful shapes (DHRUVAAM) of de-shaped nature (BHOOMIM) place of shelter (PRITHVEEM) extensive (INDRAGUPTAAM) protected by warriors (PRITHVEEM) of earth (AJEETAHA) without being destroyed and (AHATAHA) without being killed (AKASHATAHA) without being wounded (AHAM) may I (ADHI ASTHAM) be establisher/caretaker.

O! God without being destroyed, killed or wounded may I be establisher/caretaker of the earth which nurses, is plough-able, fertile, of several beautiful shapes, which is of de-shaped nature, is a place of shelter, extensive, protected by warriors.

[B]Atharavaveda 12/1/17[/B]

[B]VISHWASVAM MAATARAMOSHDHEENAAM DHRUVAAM BHUMIM PRITHIVEEM DHARMANNA DHRITAAM.
SHIVAAM SYONAMANU CHAREM VISHWAHA.[/B]

(VISHWASVAM) PRODUCER OF ALL (AUSHADHEENAAM) crops, vegetation, medicinal plants (MATRAM) mother land (DHRUVAAM) firm (BHOOMIM) place of shelter (DHARMANNA) which by its nature of holding and deeds (DHRITAAM) has been held. (SHIVAAM) it is beneficial (SEYONAAM) delightful to heart (PRITHIVEEM ANU) behind the earth (VISHWAHA) in various kinds (CHAREM) to follow.

O! God may we follow in various kinds, the earth which is the beneficial and delightful to heart. The earth is our mother. It is of firm nature, is beneficial, delightful to heart, shelter giving, producer of all crops, vegetation, medicinal plants and exhibits its nature of holding all matters and creates deeds.

[B]Yajurveda mantra 32/4[/B]

[B]YEN DYOORUGRA PRITHVI CHA DRIDHA YEN SWA STBHITAM YEN NAKHA YO ANTARIKSHE RAJSO VIMANAHA KASMI DEVAI HAVISHA VIDHEMA. [/B]

(YEN) the God by whom (UGRA) strong light emitting (DYOHO) heavenly bodies (CHA) and ( PRITHVI) earth and space (DRIDHA) established firmly.

[B]Meaning:[/B] The God by whom the strong light emitting heavenly bodies and earth and space etc., have been firmly established.

(YEN) and the God by whom (SWAHA) un-finishing merriment (STABHITAM) is held and (YEN)the God by whom (NAKAHA)salvation is held and (YAHA) the God (ANTARIKSHE) in the space (RAJSAHA) universe/world (VIMANAHA) specially creates (KASMAI) i.e., shape of merriment too.

KASMAI word is made of ‘KUM’ dhatu of Sanskrit which gives the meaning of merriment. (DEVAAYA) for the dev i.e., God. (HAVISHA) by offerings i.e., aahuti, Yaj /yoga-abhyaas i.e., preach of ashtang yoga. It should be noted that worship of God. If we offer aahuti on havan kund in burning fire, do Yaj and ashtang yoga practice (VIDHEMA) VI=special, DHEM=worship. In this way we do the best worship.

[B]Idea:[/B] The worship is of no use if we do not know the real qualities of God. The God has unlimited unchangeable and immortal qualities, which have been mentioned in the Vedas by God Himself. In this mantra some of the qualities are seen. The idea of mantra is that who is God to worship? Mantra says the light emitting heavenly bodies like sun, moon, stars etc., gives us invaluable light etc., and the earth/space where we reside all the said universe is held and created by God only. He is the shape of merriment and the worshiper is provided with the merriment. Salvation is also held by God and God is only powered to bless to real worshipper with the salvation where every sorrows etc., are ended. There is no other God and will never be in future who can do this task. So we have to worship only the God who is one and will remain unchanged, who creates the universe etc., is formless and immortal.

May we all become like Lord Krishna, rama, Bhisma and all vedanisht people who have attained God and eternal merriment

Dear friends,
namaste,
Every time i tell you about vedas and its greatness as i have read and understood. I will tell about this sacred vedas as told by brahma gyani.There is one more brahma gyani who is contemporary of shirdi sai baba, he is Gajanan maharaj of Shegaon.Both of them were brahma leen purush. you and me are mere mortals who perceive everything by senses, intellect and mind. Where as a brahmaleen purush sees God in every being.He has crossed that stage and become one with God. So we should listen to such brahma gyanis what he says of vedas:

While Maharaj lived at the house of Khandu Patil, there came some Telangi Brahmins. These Telangi Brahmins are known to be quite orthodox, learned and in charge of the authority of Vedic knowledge, but their biggest drawback is that they are somewhat greedy for money. They came to Shri Maharaj with the hope of getting some money from Him. When they came, Shri Maharaj was sleeping. The Brahmins started reciting Vedic hymns loudly to awaken Shri Maharaj. There was some mistake in their recitation, but they did not correct it, so Shri Maharaj got up and said to them, “Why have you become Vedic? You are lowering the greatness of Vedas unnecessarily. This knowledge is not for the purpose of running a business but for the salvation 0f human beings. At least show some respect to the saffron head-dress, which indicates that you are a Vedic. I will now recite the hymns and you repeat the same as I pronounce. Do not misguide innocent poor believers.” Saying so Shri Maharaj recited the same chapter of Vedas, this was being recited by these Brahmins incorrectly. His pronunciation was clear, loud and there was not a single mistake in His recitation. It appeared as if Vashistha himself was reciting the holy Vedas. The Brahmins were astonished and felt embarrassed to even lift their faces. The analogy can be compared to a lit candle fantasizing that it has better capacity to spread light around itself than the sun itself. The Brahmins first thought that Shri Maharaj was a mad person, but now found Him to be a learned saint. They were convinced that all the four Vedas were on the tip of His tongue. They took Shri Maharaja to be a God incarnate and a Brahmin by caste - a yogi free of any bondage or attachment, and because of their good deeds of previous life, they believed they were fortunate enough to get the “Darshan” of such a Godly saint. Shri Maharaja asked Khandu Patil to give them a rupee each as “Dakshina”. The Brahmins accepted this dakshina and happily went away.

Like sai baba of shirdi, his birth details and other things are shrouded in mystery. Just one fine day he was seen in shegaon and was sighted by two people who thought him earlier to be a mad man but later on realised him to be a great saint. It is belived among the masses in india that the great swami samarth of akkalkot was the Guru of sai baba and gajanan maharaj. Swami sammarth was lord datttreya. please do read about him, a real brahma purush like him, sai baba, nityananda, gajanan maharaj, ramkrishna paramhansa, rammana rishi has made India a Tirth.Since time immerorial many yogis have done penance and tapasya in this pious land to realise the higher truths in life by Vedas and yoga.

Further we had a discussion on Bhakti yoga, Karma and Gyan Yoga.Please listen what this brahma gyani has said and try to understand it:

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=blue]Once, Shri Maharaj went to Akot to meet his saint brother Narsinghji, who was a disciple of Kotasha. Although Maratha by caste, he had become dear to Shri Vithala by his Bhakti (devotion). Since I have narrated his detail life in “Bhaktileelamrut", I don’t repeat in here. Akot is 36 miles to the north-east of Shegaon and Gajanan Maharaj went there with the speed of wind. Shri Narsinghji was staying in the dense forest near Akot to get solitude. This forest, without any habitants, was very dense with big trees, creepers, wild grass and many snakes in it. In such dreadful forest Shri Narsinghji was living all alone. Shri Gajanan went there to meet him. Water mixes with water and like things merge with each other. Unlike things never mix with each other. So looking at Shri Gajanan, Shri Narsinghji was happy beyond description. One was Hari and the other Har, one was Rama, while other, the son of Vasudeo-Devaki. One was Ganga and the other that of Godavari. One was the Kohinoor, and the other Kaustubha. One was the Vashistha and the other, son of Anjani. Both of them met each other and were very happy. They sat near each other and exchanged their experiences.
[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=blue][COLOR=blue][FONT=Arial]Shri Gajanan said, “Narsinha, you have done well by leading a family life. I renounced that and followed the path of Yoga, to know the ultimate reality, the “Brahma”. In this path of yoga, many strange things, incomprehensible to the common man, happen, and to hide them I, many times, behave like a mad man. To know the ultimate Truth there are three paths - Karma, Bhakti and Yoga. Apparently they look like three different paths, but in reality they reach the same goal. If a yogi feels proud of his path, he will remain away from the ultimate Truth. He should keep himself clean from the effect of Yogakriya, like a lotus leaf. Then only he can know the ultimate Truth. Same is the case with family life. You should not have attachment with your family. A pebble remains in water, but does not allow the water to enter it. Such should be your behaviour in family life - free from any expectations and with full concentration in Almighty. Then nothing is impossible. You, me and God are one, and the people too are not different from Him.”[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Shri Narsinghji said, “I am grateful to you for meeting me. This “Prapanch” is unreal like the shadow at noon. I will follow your advice, but keep on coming to me. Everything is predestined in this world, and we have to perform our duty in this life as per desire of God. My only, request is that you should come frequently to meet me as I am your younger brother. Just like Bharat, waiting at Nandigram for Shri Ram, I am here at Akot for you. With your yogic achievements, it is very easy for you to come here. A yogi, without touching anywhere, can traverse around the universe in minutes.” [/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]With intimate love for each other, they were speaking all that night. Real saints behave like this only, but the hypocrites quarrel with each other. These hypocrites should not be accepted as Guru as they are like a broken ship on the sea. They receive a lot of publicity, but carefully we should discard them. Living in a “math” or learning an art of composing poems does not make one a saint, but only self knowledge does it. Can we accept gold-coated articles as gold, or a prostitute as a house wife? These two saints were real and pious. When people knew that Shri Gajanan Maharaj had come to meet Shri Narsinghji, They thought it to be the confluence of Godavari and Bhagirathi and by going there they could get the satisfaction of taking a dip in that confluence. So the people with coconuts in their hands started rushing to the forest. But Shri Gajanan, with the permission of Shri Narsinghji had already left and all the people were disappointed.[/COLOR]

I hope this must have enlightened us.
Om[/COLOR][/FONT]